Ads covers the sidebar

As the title says, in the last version of Spotify Desktop for Windows, the ads creates a grey bar which covers part of the sidebar, making the "New Playlist" button unclickable or hiding part of the cover of the current song. Screenshots: Spotify1.pngSpotify2.png

That's great @rogama25!

We're glad to hear it's fine now. We'll be closing the post now. But if you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Take care :)

0 Likes
Comments
Erika
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @rogama25!

That's not cool. Could you let us know the operating system and Spotify version you're running? Also, have you tried to reinstall the app? If not, check this link: https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/.

Let us know how it goes. 

rogama25
Casual Listener

I'm using Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and Spotify version is 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946. It seems to happen after a non-Spotify AD is shown on fullscreen.

Spotify
Spotify

Thanks for the info, @rogama25!

Could you let us know if a clean reinstall of the app helps? Remember that you can do it with these steps. Give that one a shot check if Spotify behaves any differently.

Keep us posted :)

rogama25
Casual Listener

It seems to be fixed right now, I've been using Spotify both yesterday and today and this hasn't still happened

Didn't need to reinstall, I guess it was something related with the AD's internal code. Thanks :)

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Fixed

That's great @rogama25!

We're glad to hear it's fine now. We'll be closing the post now. But if you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Take care :)

jacksmi

I have this problem too.  How did it get better?  Did you have to keep trying, or did you just come back later and find it okay?

jacksmi

Regarding my recent question, I can now verify that the problem seems to have resolved itself, without any action by me.  Thank you, Spotify!