Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Ads not loading

When I listen to my music on my desktop at work, I get to the point where a new ad would be loaded and played, but instead it just stops playing anything and isn't able to load the ad. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Spotify or with my computer, but it hasn't happened in the past and I haven't made any changes to the settings. Can someone let me know if there's something I can do to get my music back.

Hey @jschrade9!

We're changing the status to this post as Closed since we haven't heard from you in a while. No worries though, you can get back in touch with us if you still need help.

Hope you have a great day 🙂

Sophia, 

Comments
Melody
Status changed to: Closed

Hi there @jschrade9!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help. Could you please fill out the full Ongoing Issue template below? This is just so that we can give the best possible advice!

Thread:

Description:

To reproduce:

Device:

Operating System:

Spotify App version:

Also, does this happen with a specific ad?

Thanks 🙂

/M

jschrade9

Thread: Please explain a little more about what this is.

Description: I will play a song then Spotify just freezes the play bar is full, because the song just ended but no ad loades and no music plays. 

To reproduce:It doesn't happen all the time, but usually it's when I select a song after listening to music for awhile without an ad. I think that triggers an ad to be played and then it gets stuck. I know it's an ad issue because when I click on another song to play, I get the blue bar at the top saying that "The selected song will be played after the ad". 

Device: PC

Operating System:Windows 7 Professional 

Spotify App version:In looking to see what version I was using, I noticed that an update was available. This may fix the problem. 

MaryC1

Hey @jschrade9,

How did it go? Did the newest version of the app help you fix this issue?

If you're still having trouble streaming music after ads, let us know the following:

1. The exact version of Spotify you got installed.
  2. What specific ads it's happening with?
  3. A specific date and time this as happen (if possible).

We'll keep an eye over here.

MaryC1

Hey  @jschrade9, we haven't heard back from you quite yet.

Could you send us the info that we requested earlier? We'd like to investigate further.

Keep us posted,

Sophia
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @jschrade9!

We're changing the status to this post as Closed since we haven't heard from you in a while. No worries though, you can get back in touch with us if you still need help.

Hope you have a great day 🙂

Sophia,