Aether Cone not displaying in device list.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

After the recent Spotify updates my Aether Cone speaker is no longer displayed in the list of devices. I have tried with 3 different phones.

I have done a factory reset on the speaker, restarted my phone etc.  The speaker does still work with bluetooth, but this is not a great experience compared with Spotify connect. 

Would someone be able to help at all?

Hey there folks,

We've seen reports that you're having troubles seeing your Aether Cone speakers on the Connect picker. We really appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community.

We've passed this on to our tech teams who will be looking into it. If you're also experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE if the issue persists after trying the following:

• Perform a clean reinstallation of the app: pick your device and follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer
  • Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.If possible, try it with a different WiFi network.
  • Try a different network connection. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • Make sure your device(s), Spotify and Aether app are all up to date with any updates

If that doesn't help, please let us know the following details (if you haven't already) so we can pass them on:

• The device(s) and their OS version 
  • The exact version of the Spotify app on each device
  • When did this started happening?
  • Can you still use your Aether Cone via Bluetooth?

We'll keep you updated here, thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
rustty
Visitor

i have the same issue, done the factory reset etc. etc. nothing happened. i hate spotify updates :(

deny_mx
Casual Listener

Same here, after update Version 8.5.21.754, both my wife's and my phone's stoped seeing Aether one WiFi speaker. Speaker is still visible from PC app

deny_mx
Casual Listener

Downgraded to V8.5.18.932 and it works again and can see the cone

PickledJesus
Visitor

+1

Quite annoying, hopefully this wasn't a permanent API change, as the cone isn't going to get updated...

rustty
Visitor

I did the downgrade, its working again 

deny_mx
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel XL(Android 10 Beta), Pixel 2 (9.0.0 (PQ3A.190801.002, Aug 2019))

Operating System

Android 10 Beta, 9.0.0 (PQ3A.190801.002, Aug 2019)

My Question or Issue

Spotify Connect does not work. Spotify android client is unable to detect Aether Cone in the network, Spotify client version 8.5.21.754 and V8.5.20.857. After downgrade to V8.5.18.932 issue disapear, it appears there is a bug in latest versions.

mdemettre
Casual Listener

Thank you! This workaround solves the issue for me...

I hope someone at spotify fixes this in the upcoming updates!

deny_mx
Casual Listener

Spotify team, any updates? can you please aknowlage you have seen the issue? Please let me know if you need help testing the fix in beta or different build

Linti1984
Visitor

Can you tell me how to downgrade on an Android phone?

RossT76

Ditto.

I have 2 Aether cones, and both have stopped working with Spotify.