Announcements

Aether Cone not displaying in device list.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

After the recent Spotify updates my Aether Cone speaker is no longer displayed in the list of devices. I have tried with 3 different phones.

I have done a factory reset on the speaker, restarted my phone etc.  The speaker does still work with bluetooth, but this is not a great experience compared with Spotify connect. 

Would someone be able to help at all?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
rustty

i have the same issue, done the factory reset etc. etc. nothing happened. i hate spotify updates 😞

deny_mx

Same here, after update Version 8.5.21.754, both my wife's and my phone's stoped seeing Aether one WiFi speaker. Speaker is still visible from PC app

deny_mx

Downgraded to V8.5.18.932 and it works again and can see the cone

PickledJesus

+1

Quite annoying, hopefully this wasn't a permanent API change, as the cone isn't going to get updated...

rustty

I did the downgrade, its working again 

deny_mx

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel XL(Android 10 Beta), Pixel 2 (9.0.0 (PQ3A.190801.002, Aug 2019))

Operating System

Android 10 Beta, 9.0.0 (PQ3A.190801.002, Aug 2019)

My Question or Issue

Spotify Connect does not work. Spotify android client is unable to detect Aether Cone in the network, Spotify client version 8.5.21.754 and V8.5.20.857. After downgrade to V8.5.18.932 issue disapear, it appears there is a bug in latest versions.

mdemettre

Thank you! This workaround solves the issue for me...

I hope someone at spotify fixes this in the upcoming updates!

deny_mx

Spotify team, any updates? can you please aknowlage you have seen the issue? Please let me know if you need help testing the fix in beta or different build

Linti1984

Can you tell me how to downgrade on an Android phone?

RossT76

Ditto.

I have 2 Aether cones, and both have stopped working with Spotify.