Airport Express shows in devices on iOS but not on latest Mac desktop version.

My Apple Airport Express and my Apple TV both show up in "devices" and are usuable for streaming from the latest iOS version (8.4.8.467) on my iPhone 6s, but neither show up under "devices" on Mac desktop latest version: 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 

Re-installed, as per instructions: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

I understand there are obviously other ways to stream anything from your computer to these devices, but it seems odd that this would be left out of the desktop Spotify version.

I am seeing my Apple TV and able to stream to it and also seeing my Airport Express via Airport Utility. 

I'm running latest Sierra OS  10.12.5 on a 15" 2016 Macbook Pro

Thanks for the support

- C

screenshot 1.png
screenshot 2.png

Hey @ChipVdrum! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! On a Mac, AirPlay works a bit differently. Here's how to stream to your AirPlay enabled device on Apple devices. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @ChipVdrum! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! On a Mac, AirPlay works a bit differently. Here's how to stream to your AirPlay enabled device on Apple devices. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

DomBros

Following the instructions on that link does not work any more! That can be used to play on apple TV but no longer finds airport express. This can only be controlled "in app" as far as I understand from apple. Spotify needs to create a fix so that there is a button to control this like on iTunes or so it shows up on Devices Available.