Free

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy M21

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have all the proper settings enabled, earlier I had problems with the status display itself (it used to not show up sometimes), now the problem has become that the album/music art is missing in the status and the album name is null. Bots are not able to display my status on chat. (See attachment)

20210123_190223.jpg
20210123_185503.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for staying with us.

Writing to confirm everything should work as expected if you make sure both Spotify and Discord are updated to the latest version before trying again.

Cheers!

Comments
mmalinaa

I've been having the same problem. To be honest I thought it was because I was listening to Nirvana and they show a baby's **bleep** so I thought they like temporarily banned my album covers or something lol.

7Smite

Samsung Galaxy S8

Discord: 60.3

Spotify: 8.6.0.830

I uninstalled the Spotify app and cleared the data and cache like as said. It didn't fix the issue.

20210215_161941.jpg

Zawis

I also experience this issue.

Note 10

Android: 11

Spotify version: 8.6.2.774

Discord version: 57.14

On top of not showing the cover art and showing either "null" for a plalist or random gibberish (spotify:randomnumbersandlettersthatiguessistheIDofthealbum) that later turns into null (sometimes not) the status sometimes doesn't show at all. 

For it to start showing again I have to:

• Pause my song.
  • Kill Discord from recent apps.
  • Reopen Discord.
  • And THEN play music.

Only then does the status show. Its annoying as heck but never thought of reporting this as an issue as it was so small, but seeing this post I figured every vote counts.

It's odd since when I look at my friends status it often DOES show the cover art and album name (and sometimes cover art but null for the album)

Screenshot_20210219-123859_Discord.jpg

 and here's my friend's status:

Screenshot_20210219-125737_Discord.jpg

Edit:

Asked my friend to give  me their app versions and stuff since they don't experience this bug.

Galaxy A20e

Discrod: 53.8

Spotify: 8.5.94.839

Android: 10

Screenshot_20210219-150132_Discord.jpg

Hope this is useful.

MissMagnhild

I just started having this issue and, though no one else has mentioned it, since this has started happening others also are unable to listen along to what I'm playing over Discord. I thought it was important to mention this is also a potential linked issue.

TravisLexo

Is there anything on this yet been weeks couple updates have came up but still no fix 

Itachi666

plan

Free

Country

Pakistan

Problem

Album art is not showing on my discord status and i have tried everything litterally everything please dont make me do those thing again I already did all of those things That includes downloading again and clearing cache and data and deleting and redownloading discord and stuff please fix this and dont make anyone redo all the things we are Tired and this album art thing ive been suffering from when i first added my spotify connection to discord i never had my album art showing please fix this 

HallisonVieira

The problem with the status is directly with the Discord app! I did some tests and the problem occurs after the update 57

IMG_20210226_163205.jpg

IMG_20210226_163538.jpg

The application is currently in version 63.2 and it wasn't fixed

ShurikenGhost

It still won't work..

I still have problem.

It shows Playing on null.

Dreamwastaken

**bleep**% charge epic

Dreamwastaken

Screenshot_20210301-174301960 (1).jpg

 device -asus rog 1

Android 9

1. Same thing no album cover and why there are so many random numbers and letters