Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums not loading on Android devices

We've received reports that albums don't load on Android devices. When tapping an album a black screen appears.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
JoelHead78
Tapping the cover art images for albums/singles leads to a blank screen. Consistent on my android phone and my wife's. Playlists will open fine, but nothing with cover art.
Earthbounder

Since this afternoon, I have not been able to open any albums in my phone's app. Whenever I click on an album, the screen goes black, with only the lower menu and player being visible.

I have been in situations where albums take a little while to load, sometimes to the point I have to reset the app. But, this time around, the issue seems more serious, as I have tried a lot of things, like logging out, updating the app to its latest version, and even restarting my phone. But none of these have worked.

Yordan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

If you're experiencing this, try logging in on another Android device to see if the issue would occur there. It's also worth removing your SD card, then reinstalling the app by following the steps here.

In case the issue persists, make sure to give it a like and provide us with the following info (if you haven't already):

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.

Thanks! We'll pass the info on to our tech folks so they can look further into this.

As always, rest assured we'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share, so Subscribe to the thread to stay tuned!

Bioraz

Issue wasn't resolved for me.

I'm in Portugal, using a Lenovo Tab 3 on Android 6.0.1 , running Spotify version 8.7.72.546

Earthbounder

Doing a clean reinstall did not solve the problem here.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy J5, Android 6.0.1, and Spotify 8.7.72.546.

It's an old phone and loading albums was sometimes slow in the past, but this is the first time they have downright refused to load after so many attempts.

ashjeffries

Clean install didn't work.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Android 6.0.1

Yordan

Hey folks!

Could you try logging in to your account on another Android device to see if the issue would occur there? If it doesn't, please share the following info:

• That device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running

Thanks! Keep us posted!

Bioraz

@Yordan  it works fine on my OnePlus 6

Earthbounder

It works on a Galaxy Tab S10.

Yordan

Thank you for the quick replies @Bioraz and @Earthbounder!

Could you also confirm the Spotify version you're running on these devices? You can check that under the app's Settings > About.

Cheers!