Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums not loading on Android devices

We've received reports that albums don't load on Android devices. When tapping an album a black screen appears.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Jimbo192

Just updated today and now all working.

JohnWesley

Hi, I'm just replying here again to say that a phone update has fixed this issue. I'm not sure which version I went from and which version I've gone to but it seems like the previous update caused the issue. This update has also fixed the issue of having multiple storage locations (which I know there are other threads about), as well as sorting out the fact that I couldn't move my music to the SD card to be stored there. So basically it seems this android update has fixed all of the problems I was talking about previously.

Vasil

Hey folks, thanks for letting me know!

@The_weird-girl, could you check & confirm as well please?
Making sure it works for everyone before we label this as Fixed 🙂

stevus1970

@Vasil finally! It looks like it is now fixed. Cleared my cache and restarted the App, and it's now working. I checked this last week and it was still broken so I had pretty much given up hope of it ever being fixed as this hasn't been working for months for me, so thank you for persevering and resolving it 😁

It does make me wonder what to do about the months I have paid for when I couldn't use the App...?

Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

The_weird-girl

@Vasil My spotify is working normally now!

chadpanther

I'm still having issues with this. I uninstalled and reinstalled the current version of the app and still gives me a black screen 3 seconds in after starting it. What do I do? 

@Yordan