Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums not loading on Android devices

We've received reports that albums don't load on Android devices. When tapping an album a black screen appears.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
stevus1970

I'm running version 8.7.78.375 on my Galaxy A10 and the recent Spotify update has not helped me. Since an Android OS update a few weeks ago I've not been able to play anything. All albums, artists, playlists etc appear blank. It's frustrating as I've only just started paying premium and I'm wondering why. I've tried the clean install approach suggested which has not worked. 

Homogeneous_blob

I'm having trouble with the artist mixes not refreshing and replacing the artist songs with their other ones, it's been like this for a week, the only change was when 2 songs swapped places and then it remained like that since then. I'm not having trouble with the daily mixes refreshing, only the artist mixes, also I've liked most of the songs the artists produce it just hasn't been refreshing anymore. 

CrowB

I fixed the issue by soft resetting/hard restarting my phone by long pressing volume down and power button for 7+ seconds!!

Phone Model: Galaxy A20

Android Version: 11

Spotify Version: 8.7.78.376

kyonlion

Samsung A50 running Android 11/One UI 3.1

Spotify version 8.7.82.94

Performed a clean reinstall to troubleshoot a separate issue. Upon reopening the app I am experiencing this issue.

The_weird-girl

My issue is very similar to this, it's like I have a new account but when I go to settings & tap view profile, it shows my public playlists, which won't load when tapping it. Also it works on another android device, & I've done the clean reset.

• I am using an Galaxy A10e Android 11. Spotify version 8.7.82.94
Jimbo192

Yeah, I still have the same issues as above, been emailing technical department since beginning of October and still the issue is not resolved but Spotify continue to take their monthly payments.

Maybe time to cancel and try another service, shame as been with Spotify for a number of years.

Vasil

Hey folks,

Could you update the app to the latest version, clear your cache as shown here and let us know if the issue persists?
Many thanks!

@CrowB @Jimbo192 
@The_weird-girl @stevus1970 

The_weird-girl

@Vasil Issue is still persisting for me

Jimbo192

@Vasil yep done that and still the same.

Jimbo192

@Vasil using Samsung galaxy A10

Spotify version 8.7.84.382