Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums not loading on Android devices

We've received reports that albums don't load on Android devices. When tapping an album a black screen appears.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Brittany918

Using a Galaxy A20, updated app on Oct 24. No music will load only a black screen appears, all playlist appears empty. I have uninstalled, removed SD card and reinstalled, open and closed app and done a clean uninstall. 

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your confirmation! We're glad to hear that this is now working for some of you. 

In case you're still having issues, make sure to send the full info that was requested in the Status Update. This way we can forward the reports to the relevant teams. 

We'll be on the lookout!

JohnWesley

Just reposting this here after the Moderator Comment:

Hi, I've recently had this issue on an Android 11 device, a Samsung A20; I have completed the full restart tips after the most recent update, and this has mostly worked, BUT as soon as I tried to move my downloads to my SD card again, like how they were before before I started having problems, nothing happened, and the next morning, my Spotify restarted and stopped working again. I fixed it again, but I can't download stuff still. I don't have too much storage left on my device, and my downloads have previously always been stored on my SD card anyway, so I don't see why this is a problem.

Bioraz

New update fixed the issue for me on Android 6.01 too

hansdevelde63

I am very happy to report that newest update solved the problem on my Pioneer android 5.1 musicplayer.

Thank you Spotify to not let us down (users on older android versions) !

CristianMuñoz

I'm glad that it finally got fixed with the latest update I installed last week! 

Elsugh

Hey! I had this problem and I thought that it was normal until 4 weeks ago. My android phone can select and queue music just like on my laptop and iPad. (It still had advertisements and I did not apply to any free premium plans) But until a few days ago it reverted back when I connected to my cars speaker. Now I cant preview songs on specific artist albums. It wont show a list no matter how hard I click on the area of the page. 

My Phone is Poco X3 Pro MIUI version 13.0.4

and my spotify version is  8.7.78.373

Hope this gets resolved soon

AlejaR

Hey folks, 

Thanks for the info shared.

We're glad to know this is fixed for some of you. We received some news from our engineering team. They made some changes backstage, so make sure the app is up-to-date and then, let us know if this is still happening. Don't forget to send us the complete info we're asking for in the status, so we can forward it to the right team.

@JohnWesley, @Elsugh, the inconveniences you're describing seem to be different to what's being discussed here. We'd suggest creating a new post so we can look into it thoroughly.

Keep us in the loop!

JohnWesley

@AlejaR hi, I think the issue I've had is still to do with this; although its more SD card-based, it still causes the same problem, since when the app restarts after I've attempted to switch my albums to the SD card, I can no longer see my albums or playlists, and my app defers back to the state it was in prior to me removing the SD card and doing a full reset on the app (uninstall and reinstall etc). Thank you!

CrowB

I cannot play any songs, load any albums, and access any of my playlists on my Samsung A20 phone. Spotify still works on other phones and my laptop. I tried a few clean reinstalls, but there is no com.spotify.music folder anywhere on my phone (tried accessing from both from phone and laptop).

Phone Model: Galaxy A20

Android Version: 11

Spotify Version: 8.7.78.376