Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music keeps un-downloading

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue 

I am soon unsubscribing to this app. I’m paying money for the premium and my songs keep un-downloading. This has happened at least 3 times or more now in the past year. Soon as I get some play list I like, I’ll go into the app on a day where I’m out of service and don’t have data. All the songs will be gone, unable to play because the download erased. Very very frustrating. Seeing how I’m paying for that service and not getting it. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out several improvements to fix the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users do still experience issues with their downloads, but our tech teams weren't able to reproduce it and this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups, so we're unable to find a solution remotely.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so we recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't guarantee this will fix the issue.

For now, we'd like to provide some steps which we hope might help:

• Check out the steps on our support page here
  • Try disabling WiFi assist
  • Check for any settings that could affect the Spotify background data
  • Change the quality of the downloads in the Spotify app

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening.

Comments
Jeremy

Hey there @1210171610 and @vekspec,

We're sorry to hear that you experience this.

If you performed a clean reinstall without any success we suggest that you try one of the following:

•  Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  •  Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have an how much storage you have on your device.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

StefanoPagani
Same here. And to me this has happened every YEAR since I have Spotify...And I’ve changed many smartphones (iPhones and Android). Maybe (I suppose) Spotify deletes periodically songs (especially when we’re offline, even if we have - like I do - a Premium Account) to avoid that someone decides to stop paying and removes mobile data access to the app. I’m very disappointed I still have this problem considering my actual iPhone is a top hand device.
Jeremy

Hey there @StefanoPagani,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that's been provided in the thread?

It can also be good to try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Cheers!

SSMB
I confirmed that I followed those steps several times.

Thanks,

Solly
Jeremy

Hey again @SSMB,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be good if you can try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Also - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

StefanoPagani
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Yes, I?ve tried multiple times...

Jeremy

Hey again @StefanoPagani,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

Cheers!

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We were able to identify an issue with a subset of users' downloads which the relevant team is now looking into.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Peter

Hey folks,

For those of you experiencing this issue on Android and desktop devices, this should now be fixed!

We'll let you know as soon as we have an update for iOS device users.

Cheers!

Hi, still reproducible on latest Spotify for Android version. OnePlus 8T with Android 11. When I open Spotify, atleast once per day it does not see some downloaded songs in a playlist. Version 8.5.89.901 is latest in the Play Store for me.