Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music keeps un-downloading

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue 

I am soon unsubscribing to this app. I’m paying money for the premium and my songs keep un-downloading. This has happened at least 3 times or more now in the past year. Soon as I get some play list I like, I’ll go into the app on a day where I’m out of service and don’t have data. All the songs will be gone, unable to play because the download erased. Very very frustrating. Seeing how I’m paying for that service and not getting it. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out several improvements to fix the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users do still experience issues with their downloads, but our tech teams weren't able to reproduce it and this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups, so we're unable to find a solution remotely.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so we recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't guarantee this will fix the issue.

For now, we'd like to provide some steps which we hope might help:

• Check out the steps on our support page here
  • Try disabling WiFi assist
  • Check for any settings that could affect the Spotify background data
  • Change the quality of the downloads in the Spotify app

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening.

Comments
I'm trailing Apple music as an alternative. It's working very well with
similar features and works better with CarPlay (funnily enough). Spotify's
recommendations are better implemented though.

I transferred my playlists across and the music stays downloaded.
hannahnikko
apple music is pretty good. lots of songs and playlists. if spotify doesn’t
fix this soon that’s where I will be listening to music from now on
hannahnikko
yeah Spotify, either give us a few months of premium free to compensate for
this on-going-for-months issue and then FIX the issue, or i’m going to
apple music. this is ridiculous.

Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We were able to identify an issue with a subset of users' downloads which the relevant team is now looking into.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

For our Android and Windows users: do things change for the better if you update your app (as well as device's operating system) to the latest version and log out then back in?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Kiefmanjabs

experiencing issue on iPhone 5SE IOS:14.3

spotifyversion: 8.5.86.739

I've been having this issue with my spotify. I am on a family plan with a few friends and I'm the only one having this problem and its really passing me off my spotify keeps undownloading the songs while I'm online and I tried everything to deleting off of my samsung galaxy s10 to deleting the cache and the memory and nothing seems to be working 

nahte001

I've just experienced this for what feels like the millionth time, at least the 4th time on this phone alone. I've also experience it on 2015 Macbook Pro running MacOS, Windows 10 and various debian based linux distros, as well as on my desktop running windows 10 insider builds with both the standard and Microsoft store version. Also happens on my desktop running Pop OS 1804 and 20.04 when installed from both snap and your official repo. My parents also experience this on their samsung s8 and s9 and I used to have it happen on my s8+. Absolutely insane to me that this is still an issue.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

v 8.5.93.445

Android 10

MooMoozlebee

This is so widespread and has been happening for so long, I refuse to believe Spotify hasnt known about it for a lot longer than they claim.

To keep asking people to 'update' is ridiculous as we have already done this and the rest of their bullsh*t 'fixes' that haven't ever worked since this issue started over a year ago.

For me, either Spotify know about this issue and refuse to fix it, or they know about the issue and don't know how to fix it. Either option is ludicrous.

The issue doesn't happen on Apple Music, as myself and others can testify. I suggest you all stop lining Spotify's pockets and get the service you pay for, by joining Apple Music, as myself and others have done already.

Peter1945
Hi,

Totally agree with everything you have said and will probably head in the same direction if nothing is done soon.
phantomwizard

Un-F**king-believable.... My downloads were wiped twice this morning as I was in & out of wifi/cell service range in my basement.... I think this may be the end of my relationship with Spotify.  I pay for Spotify Premium for one reason only: to listen to music offline.  I simply will not keep paying for a service that is not being provided consistently.

I would like to encourage everyone who has posted or viewed this thread to please take the time to post a review for the Spotify app if you haven't already done so. 

iphone 7+ running 14.3 (18C66)

Spotify ver. 8.5.93.494