Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music keeps un-downloading

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue 

I am soon unsubscribing to this app. I’m paying money for the premium and my songs keep un-downloading. This has happened at least 3 times or more now in the past year. Soon as I get some play list I like, I’ll go into the app on a day where I’m out of service and don’t have data. All the songs will be gone, unable to play because the download erased. Very very frustrating. Seeing how I’m paying for that service and not getting it. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out several improvements to fix the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users do still experience issues with their downloads, but our tech teams weren't able to reproduce it and this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups, so we're unable to find a solution remotely.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so we recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't guarantee this will fix the issue.

For now, we'd like to provide some steps which we hope might help:

• Check out the steps on our support page here
  • Try disabling WiFi assist
  • Check for any settings that could affect the Spotify background data
  • Change the quality of the downloads in the Spotify app

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening.

Comments
pleasebuymycat

spotify version: 8.5.80.1037

Fiio M9

Android 7.0 

Behavior is random but most likely will happen when device runs out of battery or is on low battery. Random albums are deleted at times, sometimes my whole library is deleted. Sometimes when I find my albums have been deleted a restart of the device sometimes brings the deleted content back. This only happens on this device. I've tried everything that spotify has recommended and nothing works. For my specific device this is an APK version of the app I have to download into the device, as it has no 'Store' to download apps on. 

Peter

Hey @pleasebuymycat,

Thanks for providing that info.

We noticed you're not on the latest version of the app. Would you mind following the steps here to update and let us know if that fixes things for you?

Keep us posted!

RangerDobby

Version: 8.6.6.1099

iPhone 12 Pro

iOS: 14.4.1 

Still an issue. There is no pattern, least not one I can discern, to when, why, or how much of my library needs to be redownloaded. I had the same issue with my iPhone 7, and I’d hoped it was an issue with the phone. Unfortunately that was not the case. 

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your reports.  A recent update for the app was launched,  which should resolve this issue for everyone still experiencing this.

We advise you to update Spotify to the latest version available. If that doesn't fix things, please leave a comment with:

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your replies.

ksh977

No joy with the newest Spotify App.

Devices:  iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 6s Plus

iOS Version on Both Devices:  14.4.1

Spotify Version on Both Devices:  8.6.10.575

Subscription Service:  Premium

Daidin

Plan: Premium

Device:  iPhone 6s

Version: iOS 14.4.1

I use this phone exclusively to play downloaded albums in my car.  I have around 600 in my library,  Albums are downloaded over WIFI in my home.  I have mobile data switched off at all times.

Recently I've found that my albums won't play in the car because none of these previously downloaded albums are available to play off-line.

One can imagine how very tedious it is to re-download my entire library so I can play any album when and if I might feel like listening to it. 

My operating system is up-to date, always, and the battery is in excellent condition.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

David

ksh977

Still no joy with the update to the Spotify App that was supposed to fix this issue. 

Devices:  iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 6s Plus

iOS Version on Both Devices:  14.4.1

Spotify Version on Both Devices:  8.6.12.1032

Subscription Service:  Premium

This has been going on for two years and and I have worked with Spotify for hours trying to pin it down, but they always disappoint with groping around and then lip service.  Maybe Spotify needs to hire some developers who actually know how their product works because this amateurish shotgun approach is not working.  

Ridewithstacey

Every time I do a system upgrade to the next version of iOS I lose all my downloaded music. I just did the most recent one. I’ve done a clean install twice of Spotify, app update on the laptop, and I still can’t get my music to download. iPhone 12. This is a persistent issue. Why can’t it get fixed?? 

michsam23

I don't know what changed but I just realized haven't had this issue in the last week or two, which is lovely... But no idea what changed. 

Running Android 11 on update G973USQU5GUBH on a Galaxy S10 (updated on 3/19)

Running Spotify v 8.6.12.986 (updated on 3/23)

Wondering if the lastest Spotify updated finally did the trick???

Xenia
Status changed to: Won't Fix

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out several improvements to fix the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users do still experience issues with their downloads, but our tech teams weren't able to reproduce it and this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups, so we're unable to find a solution remotely.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so we recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't guarantee this will fix the issue.

For now, we'd like to provide some steps which we hope might help:

• Check out the steps on our support page here
  • Try disabling WiFi assist
  • Check for any settings that could affect the Spotify background data
  • Change the quality of the downloads in the Spotify app

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening.