[All Platforms] Not all Followed in Your Music

Thread856379 894699

Description:

Your Music artist view will only display 100 artists that you follow. All others appear to be missing. 

To reproduce:

1. Start Spotify
  2. Follow more than 100 artists you haven't saved other content for. 
  3. Go to Artist view, not all will be displayed. 

Workaround:

None - Profile > Following doesn't show all either (which is a really old issue). 

Additional information:

N/A

Thanks!

Updates:

2014-08-25: Added Bug.

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

After discussion behind the scenes with Spotify, I am closing this topic as unfortunately this is not a bug. 

The current set limits of:

- 100 in the following page

- 300 in Your Music > Artists

Are a design decision and therefore not a bug in the eyes of the developers (which is what this section is for). 

If anyone would like to take the time to suggest this as a new idea to be changed in the future, please make a new topic over on the Ideas Exchange

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Roadie

Hi Peter,

Thanks for opening up this BUG thread for us, as the Spotify Support clearly does not fully understand the scope or cause of this issue.  I must have heard back from a half dozen support people all with a different answer, or desire to analyze my account.

So unfortunately, the description of the problem is not accurate.  I am currently using the latest version of the OS X client, and can see 327 artists displayed in Your Music / Artists (I just counted each one).  This is out of over 1,500 artists that I currently follow.

Some reflect that I am just following with no albums or tracks added, and others show the number of tracks I have saved (via albums in my case).

It would be nice if Spotify could invest some quality time to get to the bottom of this issue.  I have spent hours documenting this issue in detail on the Community!  I suggest someone review it.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards, Phil

philmg

Casual Listener

For me, I follow about 200 artists. On the PC desktop app only about 100 of them show up under "my music". I can search for the artist and it will show I'm following them on the artist page though. 

On the android app I have the same problem except that when I search for the artist it says I'm not following them on the artist page even though I just clicked follow on that artist. No matter how many times I click follow they don't show up under " my artists" and every time I search them it still shows up as not following. 

This is all a very annoying bug and it takes away from truely enjoying Spotify and is preventing me from joining the pay subscription. 

Music Fan
I have the same problem as BradSopkow. A lot of artists that I followed are constantly being unmarked on the artist page. Even wose, I've just noticed that sometimes when I click to follow an artist, the follow counter on my profile decreases instead of increase. I mostly use the Android app to follow artists, but some artists that I followed on the desktop app have been unmarked too. This is really very frustrating.
Community Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Gig Goer

hello guys...

apparently the problem has been fixed. now appear all my artists.

Community Legend

Can anyone else confirm? 🙂 

They've increased it to 300, as far as I can tell. This is on the PC client, haven't checked Android yet.

Still less than half for me, so not solved. 

Android is 300 also, and Profile > Following still only displays 100. Correctly shows that I'm following 683, I just can't see all of them.

Also not getting premium until this gets resolved. For a service that covers nearly my entire music collection, the limits are really killing it for me. 

Community Legend

I'm still trying to track down more information with regards to followed artists in Your Music. Spotify have confirmed however than only being able to see 100 from your profile is designed behaviour and not a bug so any suggested change for that needs to go through the ideas exchange I'm afraid:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Community Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

After discussion behind the scenes with Spotify, I am closing this topic as unfortunately this is not a bug. 

The current set limits of:

- 100 in the following page

- 300 in Your Music > Artists

Are a design decision and therefore not a bug in the eyes of the developers (which is what this section is for). 

If anyone would like to take the time to suggest this as a new idea to be changed in the future, please make a new topic over on the Ideas Exchange