Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

[All Platforms] Spotify isn't working

Hey folks,

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of an issue which is affecting a large number of Spotify users.

While we're working on a fix, make sure to follow @SpotifyStatus on Twitter for the latest updates on our progress.

You can also subscribe to this thread - we'll provide you with an update here once the issue has been confirmed as fixed.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

We're happy to say that everything should be back to normal now 🙂

Cheers!

Comments
DaddyDNS
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

PC

Operating System

Win 10

My Spotify desktop app is completely broken. It started this morning where it didn't show my friends activity (It didn't even show that I was listening to Spotify on discord, I have link them) and there was this curious issue where I could play a song fine but when I skipped a part of the song using the bar thing it would stop pause and if I unpause the song I would not hear anything (but then when I started the song from the beginning again it worked fine). So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app, that's when my app broken itself. I logged in and I still could not see my friend activity and when I tried my playlist (even public playlists) the playlist was empty and it said I should add songs to it. My Spotify works on my phone and the web browser it's just the desktop app. (I don't use Spotify for podcasts but I tried them and when I clicked on a podcast and it was blank)

Screenshot (92).png
Screenshot (90).png
Screenshot (89).png
Exquist
Visitor

me too :((

Capture.PNG
Bill2879
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I lost the ability to search for songs (Error states: Something went wrong, have another go), so restarted my device but experienced same issue.

I then reinstalled Spotify, and although it automatically connected to my account when reinstalled, I get an error message on the home page, and it persists while searching. When going to Library it shows a list of recent music but accessing any of them just says its empty.  Subsequently I have currently have no way of accessing any music via my Samsung S9.  I have changed network from wifi to 4g and back again, but still see the same issue.

I can still access Spotify via the web player, so the issue is not with my account.  

SAMUEEEL
Visitor

same problem here

xev1
Visitor
Same here! I couldn't find any old threads with this issue so it must have only come up just recently. Hopefully this gets patched soon causing this is incredibly frustrating.
DaddyDNS
Visitor
When did this start happening to you?
pypkorius

The same thing happened to me. This morning I got an update notification and after the update the app stopped working.

2020-08-19 154109.png
Chizn
Visitor
I have the same problem with my phone. When i reinstalled everything was deleted and my playlists and liked songs arent working now either
salvoc13

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Italy

Device

(iPhone 6s 

The app doesn’t work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, when I open it it does not allow me to log in with the account, what I am attaching in the picture comes out

ECC256F1-45DE-4329-B3C6-B989E1C4AAD0.png
0D0B4210-8E58-45C2-8BFB-F3356963036D.png
Exquist
Visitor
I think a few hours ago