Plan

Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Amazon Echo Dot - Italy

Operating System

My Question or Issue

After 5 songs (playlist, album or other) Amazon Alexa stop music and I have to start again music using voice, Spotify app or Alexa app. If during this 5 songs I skip the track no problem for other 5 songs and at the end of the 5th stops again. From other devices no problem at all. The Amazon support don't know how to solve the problem. They are analyzing it and suggest also to contact Spotify. Any ideas?

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the recent comments and examples. Rest assured these have all been passed along! 

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend you follow the steps below, if this is something you're experiencing:

• Restart your router
  • Reinstall the app on your mobile device
  • Reinstall the Alexa app
  • Reset the Alexa dot (read here how)
  • Relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app. You can see here how

Many thanks for bearing with us, while this is being looked into!

Comments
SGod

Gladly:

April 9th, 10:50 CEST

Command: "Echo play playlist *playlistname* on Spotify (commands translated from german)

Echo plays 3 songs A, B and C, then stops.

Command: "Echo next song"

Echo replays song C then proceeds with song D, then stops again

Command "Echo proceed"

Echo replays song D followed by E, stops again

Command: "Echo skip"

Echo replays song E followed by F, stops again

Command: "Echo, which song is this?"

Echo: "This is *song E*"

aso.

Neither the app nor the desktop client of spotify were opened at the time, but I know from testing hat this changes nothing.

Also the number of songs until the stop is random. Sometimes it even plays a full album, but on the weekend it needed 3 tries to get over a single song.

Hope that helps.

Spotify support,

I can pinpoint the date this problem started happening for me.  Spotify played perfectly on my Echos until the day I switched to a new Internet Service Provider.  That was mid October last year.   Were any upgrades released around then?

I looked at all security settings.

A few months after the above ISP switching, I switched to another ISP who provided another router.  The problem persisted.

The first router I had, when there were no issues, transmitted at 2.4GHz.  The subsequent routers are dual 2.4 and 5GHz.  I have tested switching my echos between these frequencies.  I've bought a range extender to ensure the signal is strong for all echo devices. Again, no positive effect.

MidnightIris

USA ios 6s streaming to alexa dot device as well as voice controlled song requests to alexa fail to continuously play thru the song . Songs lag. Play queues fail to play the next track and songs stop completely. No similar issues with any other non spotify streaming services. multiple attempts at changing location in house and resetting dot and wifi settings rebooting ios player etc all unsuccessful. Alexa works fine with everything else and all other commands without interruptions.

alberto_mk

guys..

it's all useless

the support has disappeared

change the music provider...

iKlancar

Still no changes. support?

leviteo

@Jemi @Guido After 4 months, more than 30 comments and plus than 60 likes on my issue the only thing that we have is a solution that you provided that doesn't work. A lot og people is ready to leave Spotify for a competitor. I think that you can solicit a different analysis from your devs. 

Thank you in adavance for your response. 

Matteo

cmventura

Still happens!! 😞

Steps done:

• Reset Echo Dot
  • Uninstalled Spotify on Mac (uninstalled and cleared data/cache)
  • Uninstalled Spotify on Android (uninstalled and cleared data/cache)
  • Uninstalled Amazon Alexa on Android
  • Downloaded latest versions of Spotify and Alexa on Mac and Android (as of April 18, 2019)
  • Reinstalled Spotify and Alexa
  • Linked Alexa and Spotify
  • Made sure devices are using the same network

And the issue still happens. Frustrating 😞

der-addi

-> Spotify Version: Always the latest. As soon as the update is available I do install it.

-> Echo Show - Reset already done, was the same on Echo Spot

-> Stable WIFI - BT Connection to an external Soundsystem ( not a problem with other competitor services )

--->>>Running App parallel ( on Android mobile - Huawei P20 Pro or Windows PC running the Windows App ) seems to make it worse.

If I do not have any App running ( mobile phone turned off, WIndows PC Off ) the problem did not happened yesterday evening ( maybe a coincidence for sure ) . I do have this problem for a few months now and was using my sonos instead.

Cheers

Adrian

Jemi

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for the info you've provided so far. We can assure you that you'll be the first to know once we have updates. 

Thanks!

markkuhe

I have the problem both in Echo 2 and in Echo Dot 3. "Alexa, play playlist xxx on Spotify", and the playlist stops after a few songs (1 to about 5 songs). I have tried the proposed fix once, but the problem came back (if it helped in the first place because sometimes playlists seem to play for a long time). I don't use/have Spotify mobile app. I have Spotify (the latest version) on my Windows PC, but it doesn't matter if PC is on or off.

When I stop the music by myself (Alexa, stop), Windows Spotify correctly shows that Echo is playing (or is active in Spotify Connect). Once I noticed that, when Echo stopped playing due to this problem, Windows Spotify showed that PC is playing (but I haven't studied if it is always like this). So, is the Spotify Connect connection in Echo somehow unstable?

I am forced to change to Amazon music soon.