Plan

Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Amazon Echo Dot - Italy

Operating System

My Question or Issue

After 5 songs (playlist, album or other) Amazon Alexa stop music and I have to start again music using voice, Spotify app or Alexa app. If during this 5 songs I skip the track no problem for other 5 songs and at the end of the 5th stops again. From other devices no problem at all. The Amazon support don't know how to solve the problem. They are analyzing it and suggest also to contact Spotify. Any ideas?

Hey all!

We're receiving reports about the Alexa Dot speaker stopping after a few songs. If you are experiencing this, please try the following:

• Restart your router
  • Reinstall the app on your mobile device
  • Reinstall the Alexa app
  • Reset the Alexa dot (read here how)
  • Relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app. You can see here how

If this does not help, please hit +VOTE and leave a comment. We'll investigate and keep you up to date here.

Have a nice day.

Comments
atlcrompton

I'm having the same issue with both my Amazon Alexa Echo & Echo dot.  Spotify plays 1 song and then stops.  I've checked and have the most updated software on echo & dot.  I've rebooted both.  I've uninstalled alexa app & spotify from alexa app; relinked....no luck.  This just happened now (6/13/19@9:30am).  Not really sure what to do & would like to get this fixed ASAP.

Nazario

Hello,

Still no news?

This issue was reported more than 6 months ago.

I don't want to change to other music provider but you are forcing us to do it.

Please escalate this issue to your managers.

Thanks

Cannunz

I'm having the same issue.

The message from @SGod  ( https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Amazon-Alexa-Music-Stop-after-5-songs/idc-p/4722952/... ) explains clearly what happens to me as well.

Please fix it

Thanks

LoriInUtah

This is still an issue. I have multiroom echo speakers and Spotify is very buggy. I can play Pandora and Amazon music just fine. Pandora allows the like/dislike functionality through Alexa - whereas Spotify does not. Spotify is very archaic when it comes to keeping up with technology and Elexa and other type of hubs. Why would people not switch to something other than Spotify?!

LoriInUtah

Still an issue! Spotify is the worst service via Alexa. Amazon should stick solely to shopping/shipping and not technology!!!! They've stopped paying attention to improving and keeping up!

mike_gt2

Strangely enough my issue got resolved on its own. Have no idea what caused this or how it fixed itself. 

Cannunz

I can confirm that this issue seems to be fixed. Today I have received a mail from Spotify telling me to change my password (maybe Spotify team has made some changes) and then I apparently had no more issues

Edit: nope, that's not true. The issue is still present. Seems related to the spotify app. Everything was OK until I relogged again in the app (because I changed the password today). After that the issue came back like it was described before (5 songs and then it stops).

caioslikta2

Well, it’s been 7 months and nothing. Not going to lie, I still have my Spotify Premium account but I also got Deezer Premium and if you are wondering, it works like a charm on my Echo Dots.

Also, Deezer lets you listen in more than one device at the same time, even without a family account.

So yeah, give it a shot guys, pretty much the same price as we pay here and it works.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the late reply.

We've been looking into this, and so far we haven't been able to reproduce this on our end.

If you're still experiencing this issue, does this issue occur in any specific context? If so, then could you provide us with the steps necessary to reproduce the issue?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

cmventura

Hi,

There has been significant improvement and the issue happens a lot less often, like hiccups.

It happened again to me just now. I couldn't pinpoint any pattern but the current setup is:

1. Asked Alexa to play music

2. Music plays for some time on the Echo Dot

3. Issue occured:
- music stopped
- asked Alexa to play
- last two songs got replayed
- music stopped again
- asked Alexa to play next song
- last song got replayed

4. No other instance of Spotify is open on any other device.

Thank you.