Plan

Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Amazon Echo Dot - Italy

Operating System

My Question or Issue

After 5 songs (playlist, album or other) Amazon Alexa stop music and I have to start again music using voice, Spotify app or Alexa app. If during this 5 songs I skip the track no problem for other 5 songs and at the end of the 5th stops again. From other devices no problem at all. The Amazon support don't know how to solve the problem. They are analyzing it and suggest also to contact Spotify. Any ideas?

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the recent comments and examples. Rest assured these have all been passed along! 

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend you follow the steps below, if this is something you're experiencing:

• Restart your router
  • Reinstall the app on your mobile device
  • Reinstall the Alexa app
  • Reset the Alexa dot (read here how)
  • Relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app. You can see here how

Many thanks for bearing with us, while this is being looked into!

Comments
AlessandroB7

Me too. My echo plus stop after 2 songs...

Aaron80

Mine stops after 2 songs too.

Nasodan

I reset alexa and alexa app on my iPhone, and i solved. Suggest me from amazon customer care! 

Guido
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all!

We're receiving reports about the Alexa Dot speaker stopping after a few songs. If you are experiencing this, please try the following:

• Restart your router
  • Reinstall the app on your mobile device
  • Reinstall the Alexa app
  • Reset the Alexa dot (read here how)
  • Relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app. You can see here how

If this does not help, please hit +VOTE and leave a comment. We'll investigate and keep you up to date here.

Have a nice day.

alaurino

I did all of the reinstall with Amazon Alexa last week.  It fixed the constant cut out for 2 days and now its doing it all over again.  My echo multi room still cuts out after about 5 songs.  Its frustrating since I have a premium account I use this as the music source for my acupuncture office.  So its kind of part of the experience during treatment.  Please fix this glitch!!!  I have done all the requried fixes and it didn't relly help

alaurino

So after 4 months of non stop issues with this device in "multi-room" feature. Music keeps cutting our mid song and I must constantly manually start each new song . I have an acupuncture practice and have 5 devices. I bought this product for their "misleading claims" that the device is compatible with Spotify but after multiple conversations by phone with tech support only did I just find out that that Spotify IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE MULTI-ROOM FEATURE. No where is that stated and 2 phone calls with tech support about this issue NO ONE told me about it NOT BEING COMPATIBLE IN MULTI-ROOM feature. I just found out. They will not refund my money "because its over the return time". Even though they even admitted that it is not clear that it is not available in their information. I got apologies but they will not refund my money for 'misleading claims'. I have been on multiple forums and many are having the same issues. Each says the same: they call amazon tech. Amazon tech has them reset the devices, it works for 1 day then it all starts happening again. So it looks like amazon tech is not telling most people that they "mislead" the consumer by poor advertising and now everyone just has to eat the money paid for and basically just get over it. They are not cheap speakers especially when you bought 5. So **bleep**. Amazon a multi billion dollar company...screwing the consumer again. Awesome. Class
action lawsuit anyone?!

alberto_mk

Hello,

any solutions please?

spotify premium is almoust unusable on echo..

thank you

echo reset -> done

app reset -> done

unlink/link spotify -> done

spotify app reset -> done

regards

alberto

Nasodan

Me too.

I've done all the resets, but the problem ramains.

Jemi

Hey everyone,

There's a newer Spotify version released. Make sure your app is up-to-date, and if it doesn't help, reinstall the app and let us know how it goes. 

Keep us posted 🙂

alberto_mk

Hello Support,

Spotify version is not the problem,

I already have the last version, 8.4.92.949

echo/alexa disconnect from spotify also by only  vocal command,

also with spotify app closed.

regards

alberto