Plan

Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Amazon Echo Dot - Italy

Operating System

My Question or Issue

After 5 songs (playlist, album or other) Amazon Alexa stop music and I have to start again music using voice, Spotify app or Alexa app. If during this 5 songs I skip the track no problem for other 5 songs and at the end of the 5th stops again. From other devices no problem at all. The Amazon support don't know how to solve the problem. They are analyzing it and suggest also to contact Spotify. Any ideas?

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the recent comments and examples. Rest assured these have all been passed along! 

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend you follow the steps below, if this is something you're experiencing:

• Restart your router
  • Reinstall the app on your mobile device
  • Reinstall the Alexa app
  • Reset the Alexa dot (read here how)
  • Relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app. You can see here how

Many thanks for bearing with us, while this is being looked into!

Comments
swrobmeloz

Same here: two songs, then the music stops.

Moreover, when playing a playlist or an album, on Alexa app only the single one currently streaming is displayed in the playlist.

I don't know if it is related to this bug, but if it can help..

Regards,

Roberto

Jemi

@alberto_mk thanks for the info you've provided.

@swrobmeloz did you try the troubleshooting steps from the status update?

Thanks!

swrobmeloz

Yes @Jemi I tried every step. I also tried with a different account in my Family but the problem is still there.

alberto_mk

any update please?

jefflesser

This happens to me all the time and following the direction does not remedy the problem. Possible issue with family plans?

I went as far as to uninstall Spotify from my PC, tablet, phone and Firestick then factory reset Alexa.  The problem still persists.

With Spotify installed on my PC I can see the song paused but Alexa continues to play the song after the paused song and then stop.  When you ask Alexa to resume Spotify it replays the song the PC had shown as paused.  I thought there was interference between Alexa and the PC which is why I tested uninstalling Spotify from all devices.

SGod

Same problem on my Echo 2nd Gen with Student Premium

Got a replacement Echo from Amazon, but the problem persists.

The very first time it played smoothly through a playlist, but any further playback stops at irregular intervals.

As mentioned by others, the apps/desktop versions visual progressbar stops at the end of the song that played BEFORE the last song that is played by the Echo. 

If it is told to go to the next song it replays the last one (that was never reached in the app/desktop version).

Please fix this. Playback via the Echo was the sole reason I got premium.

alberto_mk

Sgod,  same for me,

no comment from support 

like you said:

"Playback via the Echo was the sole reason I got premium"

I'm waiting the end of my contract just to move to amazon music, no problem with this, also in limited version (prime)...

ciao

Jemi

Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know. For those who haven't already, can you give it another try and then let us know an example of an exact date and time this happened to you? We'll make sure to let the right team know.  

Thanks!

Nasodan

Me too. I'm seriously considering moving to Amazon Music. It never worked for me and I pointed it out immediately.

I don't know if it's Amazon or Spotify, but on Amazon Music it works fine.

Greetings