Plan

Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Amazon Echo Dot - Italy

Operating System

My Question or Issue

After 5 songs (playlist, album or other) Amazon Alexa stop music and I have to start again music using voice, Spotify app or Alexa app. If during this 5 songs I skip the track no problem for other 5 songs and at the end of the 5th stops again. From other devices no problem at all. The Amazon support don't know how to solve the problem. They are analyzing it and suggest also to contact Spotify. Any ideas?

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the recent comments and examples. Rest assured these have all been passed along! 

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend you follow the steps below, if this is something you're experiencing:

• Restart your router
  • Reinstall the app on your mobile device
  • Reinstall the Alexa app
  • Reset the Alexa dot (read here how)
  • Relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app. You can see here how

Many thanks for bearing with us, while this is being looked into!

Comments
Jemi

Hey @markkuhe, thanks for the info. 

Could you let us know an example of a date and time this has happened, and when it all started?

Thanks!

caioslikta2

I understand some issues are not exactly a button away to be fixed, but could you guys give us a timeframe? This has been a problem for a long time now and we don’t know if we still have to wait a couple of days, a week, three weeks, two months...

Might not seem like a big issue for you guys but it’s really annoying as everyday I have dinner listening to music on my Dots and have guests constantly only to have my music interrupted 100% of the times I use Spotify 😞

Also let us know if there’s anything we as users can do to help!

markkuhe

An example of date and time: today 6.5.2019 at about 20.02 (GMT+3). Spotify played two songs and stopped (Echo, 2nd revision). When I asked what song was playing, Alexa replied the name of the first song, not the second. "Alexa, next" started the second song again.

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out with these details!

@markkuhe We really appreciate adding this info, we've passed them on to our tech teams.

@caioslikta2 Rest assured our teams are still investigating this! While we don't have a timeframe for this, we'll make sure to keep you updated here. In the meantime, it'd be very helpful if you could let us know the date and time this occured so we can pass it on to the folks looking into this. Thanks!

mike_gt2

I've had my gogle home mini for almost 2 years and never experienced any issues with spotify. I ordered an Echo 1st Gen because i really wanted a richer sound now and didnt want to pay so much for the google home. So my Echo came in today and i already want to return it. It randomly stops playing my music when i use spotify, something that NEVER happened with my google home mini. Contacted Amazon support but they were pretty much useless. They just told me to reset router and unlink/link spotify to amazon. I also want to add that when the music stops the Echo is doesnt show in the list of devices in spotify and I ask Alexa to see if its still connected to wifi and can confirm it is connected.  So frustrating!!!!!!

hc-hefi

Same problem here...

"play something from hardwell".... Then plays (or continues) one song and after that it stops. It has happened just about 5 minutes ago.

Echo uses 5Gh wifi, connected directly to the ISP router. Spotify, Amazon password already changed 3 days ago. Service has been re-linked. Echo was reseted....

Katerina

Hey there @hc-hefi and @mike_gt2,

Thank you both for posting and welcome to the Community!

We really appreciate taking the time to report this here.

It'd be very helpful if you could let us know the following details so we can pass them on to our tech teams that are looking into this:

• Model of speakers this is happening on 
  • Example of exact date and time this happened

Thanks!

hc-hefi

It is an Echo dot 3rd gen. The exact time can be calculated by the timestamp of my post, so:

2019-05-29 07:28 AM

Anyway... it is definitely a network/service issue. Sometimes there is no problem in the whole afternoon, sometimes it stops after 2-3 songs. And when it stops, I have to ask "play" two times. First time, nothing happens.

Nazario

Hello,

Same it's happening to me.

With a new LG wk7.

8-June-2019

It's playing fine, and after 3 or 4 songs the LG stays in silence.

When I check Spotify in the movil phone it is playing and seconds running but no sound.

Also I think that it doesn't matter the version of the Spotify app  in the phone as the speaker should work without phone.

Please let us know an update

Thanks

Nazario

Any news?