Amazon Alexa limited playlists

Hi all

I create playlists on my Spotify account and use my Amazon echo to play the around the house, but unfortunately only around 13 songs get added to the playlist out of 50+ songs in the list.  Changing the options such and repeat and random only reorders these songs but does not include any new ones until the playlist is reopened, where a new 13 will be picked.  Is there any way of playing the entire playlist?

Thanks

Dan

Hey @dannicholas88!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Aimee_T
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @dannicholas88, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you let us know since when are you having this issue? We'd recommend reinstalling your Alexa application and let us know if you have the same issue.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

dannicholas88
Casual Listener
Hi, this has happened since having my echo devices
Aimee_T
Roadie

Thanks for letting us know!

Does it happen if you use it with Spotify Connect? If not, we recommend to give it a go. Here you can see how to do it: https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-connect/.

Take care 🙂

dannicholas88
Casual Listener
thanks for your reply yes that's how i connect it usually with no luck as soon as it's connected it reduces to the 13 songs
Aimee_T
Roadie

Thanks for the info @dannicholas88!

We'd recommend trying to use your Alexa with the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/alexa/. Let us know if you have the same issue.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

dannicholas88
Casual Listener
Thanks for your help, this also doesn't change the amount of songs in the playlist
ZullyB
Roadie

That's odd, @dannicholas88.

Is this happening with the same playlist? If so, can you send us the Spotify URI? Just right-click the playlist > Share > Copy Spotify URI. Also, have you tried a different playlist? 

Keep us posted!

dannicholas88
Casual Listener
It's happening with all playlists, whether I'm playing playlists, artists or shuffle all or radio
MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Could you try to unlink your Spotify account from your device and then linking them again? Also, can you give it a try with a different account to see if this is still happening? 

Let us know how it goes. 

ZullyB
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @dannicholas88!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Related Issues