Andriod App randomly hijacks phone screen

This has only been happening since Sunday 18th June, but Spotify won't be running/playing on my phone and I'll be looking at another app then suddenly up pops Spotify seeming like it wants attention like a new puppy.

I'm on Spotify Premium, so it's not any ads that are causing the issue. Is this just some random bug that I've gotten, or are other people experiencing the same?

Hey @hazyl123 🙂

No worries, we really appreciate you confirming.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Have a lovely day,

/M

0 Likes
Comments
JuanCamilo
Roadie
Status changed to: New issue report

Hey @hazyl123!

Can you let us know which device, operating system and specific version of Spotify you're using?

Also, can you check if this happens on a different WiFi or 3G/4G network? If you can send us a screenshot of what you see when this happens, it'd be very helpful.

Keep us posted

Melody
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @hazyl123 🙂

If this is still happening, can you get back to us with the info as requested by @JuanCamilo?

We'd love to help.

In the meantime, does reinstalling help?

Also, do you have any battery/power savings modes switched on in your device's Settings?

We look forward to hearing back,

/M

hazyl123
Casual Listener

Hi Spotify team,

Since posting I've done a factory reset on my phone (due to another issue on the phone) and since doing this and reinstalling Spotify, I haven't had this issue again. I suppose under normal circumstances just doing a reinstall of Spotify would resolve the issue.

Thanks for your time!

Hazyl

Melody
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @hazyl123 🙂

No worries, we really appreciate you confirming.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Have a lovely day,

/M

Related Issues