Premium

Country

UK

Device

Galaxy A70

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

As the title says, recently updated to Android 10. Now when I'm downloading anything in Spotify, there is no download progress in the notification dropdown. I have notification enabled and the phone is not in Do Not Disturb. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for confirming that everything's now working for you!

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure your app is updated to the latest version. 

If you're still having trouble after that, could you create a new thread in the relevant help board and link to this Ongoing Issue thread? We'll get back to you there. 

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments

Hey @martyn-lawson,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind logging out, restarting your phone, and then logging back in to your Spotify?

It'd also be good to double-check if you disabled any task-killer, cache-cleaning or battery-saver apps on your Galaxy A70.

Let us know how it goes once you check. We'll be here! 

Casual Listener

have reinstalled the app. but then followed your suggestions and none of that has resolved the issue 

Hey @martyn-lawson,

Sorry to hear the suggestions didn't help.

Would you mind double-checking your Spotify notifications settings as well as your phone's to make sure everything's switched on?

Keep us posted. We'll look out for your reply!

Casual Listener

I checked these all before posting. As far as I can see, there's nothing to stop notification at all. 

Hey @martyn-lawson,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

As this started happening after updating to Android 10, it'd be good to wait for the next Android or Spotify updates to see if things change. We'll get back to you if we got any useful news to share. 

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime!

Visitor

I have the exact same problem.

Anroid 10, latent Upsates on Galasxy S10.

Did all the suggestions above.

Casual Listener

I have same problem in my A70 Android 10 

Visitor

I have same problem. But its worse, if i minimize spotify spotify stop downloading...

OnePlus 7T

I have a Google Pixel 3 with Android 10 and I have been having the same problem recently.

I've also having an issue where when I'm downloading songs and I have Spotify minimized without bringing it back up for a while, I would go to bring Spotify back up it would restart as if I had just opened it with the splash screen showing and the songs not being fully downloaded. This issue for me started occurring at the same time as the download progress notifications stopped showing up.

Regular
I have the same problem on my note 9, also some of my songs are not downloading and playlists are have not completed (waiting to download status).

This app needs a serious update. I am having constant issues with it.

The download notification bar is nonexistent now and like others in this thread, whenever I leave the app whilst trying to download a song or playlist, the download progress stops!!

Please fix this issue!!!!