Android 6.0 Marshmallow no SD Card download possible

Device:

LG G4 (H815)

Operating System Version:

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Spotify Version:

Description:

After the OS update from Android 5.1 to 6.0 (officially from LG) it is no longer possible to save Spotify downloads onto the SD card. Several ways to solve this problem in the Spotify support-forum do not work for the device LG G4.

To reproduce:

1. Download quality set to "extreme"
  2. Download a randomly chosen album
  3. The download will always be saved in the following folder: internal\Android\data\com.spotify.music.

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Reinstallation with addiditonally deletion of the above-mentioned folder on internal storage do not help.

Permission for Spotify to use the Storage was also manually set and did not help.

Hey everyone, 

With the roll out of 4.7.0, this should now be fixed. You should be able to save offline music to SD Cards again by following the steps here.

We're also looking to improve the way this works in the future. 

[UPDATE] With the roll out of 4.8.0, you can now select where to save your music: Go to Settings > Other > Storage and select where you want Spotify to store all your music. This option will be hidden if no SD Card is available or the SD Card is not accessible.

Thanks for all your feedback on this! 

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

I seem to remember that Spotify will automatically choose the storage with most space left.

Perhaps your SD card now has less space than your internal memory?

If so, temporarily move some stuff off the card and do the re-install again.

loneclone
Festival VIP

The SD card hast 64GB of storage and is mostly free. The phone hat 32 GB of internal storage - 22 GB are free.

So from this point Spotify would have to choose the SD card to save data.

But I will try and put stuff on the phone to lessen the space on the internal storage.

Thank you for the hint.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Fixed

Hello again. Turns out, this is a known issue and we are looking into it.

loneclone
Festival VIP

Thank you for the fast update.

Can you tell me if I will automatically get an answer when the issue is resolved or where can I look it up for myself?
Another question: Is it possible to participate in the Android Beta Program?

If there is a fix for this issue I would be happy to help testing it. :)

Bretbretterson
Concert Regular
Subscribing as I have the same issue on my Moto X Pure.
Adrian13
Regular
One more with this problem on LG G4 6.0 MM
Nicolopolus
Regular

Already notified support through twitter, but yes, add me to the list - LG G4 on Marshmallow.  Tried several workarounds but nothing worked.

il_demonico
Music Fan

Same here. LG G4 6.0

Regular

Same here. LG G4 6.0

dssierra
Regular
I have the same problem in a LG g4 and 6.0