Android 6.0 Marshmallow no SD Card download possible

Device:

LG G4 (H815)

Operating System Version:

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Spotify Version:

Description:

After the OS update from Android 5.1 to 6.0 (officially from LG) it is no longer possible to save Spotify downloads onto the SD card. Several ways to solve this problem in the Spotify support-forum do not work for the device LG G4.

To reproduce:

1. Download quality set to "extreme"
  2. Download a randomly chosen album
  3. The download will always be saved in the following folder: internal\Android\data\com.spotify.music.

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Reinstallation with addiditonally deletion of the above-mentioned folder on internal storage do not help.

Permission for Spotify to use the Storage was also manually set and did not help.

Hey everyone, 

With the roll out of 4.7.0, this should now be fixed. You should be able to save offline music to SD Cards again by following the steps here.

We're also looking to improve the way this works in the future. 

[UPDATE] With the roll out of 4.8.0, you can now select where to save your music: Go to Settings > Other > Storage and select where you want Spotify to store all your music. This option will be hidden if no SD Card is available or the SD Card is not accessible.

Thanks for all your feedback on this! 

Related Issues

Comments
criscapelo
Regular

The function "storage" does not exist in my smartphone model bq Aquaris M5 Android 6.0.1.

If I can't solve this problem I will delete Spotify and cancel premium account because at the moment spotify is taking  up about 90% of space.