Android 7 update bluetooth progress bar

After updating my nexus 5x to android 7.0 the track progress bar in my car (mazda 3 2015) via blue tooth stopped working. The total track time is displayed but no track progress is indicated, either by the time lapsed or progress bar.

Hey guys!

It's awesome that everything's working now! The latest Android update fixed this up.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you ever need us again.

🙂

0 Likes
Comments
chultink
Casual Listener
Thats exactly what mine looks like too. Other devices are still working ok.
Android just had another update but the problem still exists.
MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey guys! 

Thanks for all the info you've sent us over, it has been super helpful.

There's one more thing we need you to try out. If you use an aux cable from your phone to your car, does the same thing happens? 

We'll keep an eye over here.

R3drag0n

Hi!

I've got an update. So I tried the Aux cable option - but unfortunately not even the name of the song or any info about any song is displayed in the car as it is an aux cable.

However, today my Nexus 6P got an Android update on the Beta program for Android 7.1.1 Developer Preview 1 (Build NPF10C). I installed it and with this version the bug seems to be gone - I can now see the progress bar correctly on bluetooth with spotify.

So my conclusion is that it was probably an Android bug in 7.0 Nougat that caused this issue and with 7.1.1 Nougat Preview it is working good again, let's hope Android doesn't mess up in their next updates again.

Thanks!

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey @R3drag0n, thanks for letting us know the Android update fixed the issue.

@chultink@blueorder, and @jdm2000-us, could you check if you have any Android updates available? If you do, give it a go and let us know if the issue persists.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

jdm2000-us
On my drive to work this morning, it worked correctly. If I have any more
issues, I'll let you know. Thanks!
MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey @jdm2000-us, thanks for letting us know! 

Don't hesitate to write us back if the app starts misbehaving again.

@chultink and @blueorder, we'll be waiting for any news from your end.

Keep us posted.

chultink
Casual Listener
Hi thanks all.

I signed up for the beta upgrade and it sorted it all out.
MaryC1
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey guys!

It's awesome that everything's working now! The latest Android update fixed this up.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you ever need us again.

🙂

blueorder
Music Fan

The update being talked about above is the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Developer Preview which is only released for the Nexus 5X, 6P and Pixel phones. I have the Nexus 6 and the preview is not released for my phone nor would I want to run beta software. I guess I'm stuck waiting for the release of Android 7.1.1 proper in December 😕

tavingo89

Same issue here. Just updated my Nexus 6 to Android 7.0 and I have the same thing with my Audi A1. Anything I should do to fix this?

Thanks

Related Issues