Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S9

Operating System

Android 10

For aboiut 6-8 weeks, I have been getting only a black loading screen in the app, when I select an album, playlist, etc. form a conducted search. I have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps (deleting cache, clearing data, reinstalling app, WiFi vs. cellular, etc.). Clearing data/ reinstalling app work, although only for about one day when clearing data/ reinstalling app have to be repeated.

I have attached a screen to explain what I mean by black loading screen.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we were looking into this!

Keep in mind that this can happen when loading pages containing a lot of content, for example multiple chapters in audiobooks.

However, we've passed your reports to the right teams who will be continuing to improve the functionality of the app. To make sure you don't miss the latest fixes and improvements, we'd recommend keeping your devices and app up to speed with the latest updates available.

In the meanwhile, we'll be setting this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now. We'll also keep you posted here if we have any further info to share.

Thanks again!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @adriangondar and @Brausepaul77,

Thanks for double-checking and getting back to us!

Since you mention you're still experiencing this, could you let us know the additional details requested in the latest Status Update? Once we have this info, we'll pass it along to our teams so that they can take another look behind the scenes.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks 🙂

Brausepaul77

@Katerina 

The issue still exists with Android 11 on a Pixel 3. Sportify version is 8.5.76.766. It does not happen on a Pixel 4 (same Android, same Spotify version), it does not happen on a Pixel 1 (Android 10). I have a screen recording at hand I would like to share but not post publicly. It shows the problem at the screens affected. How can I make the video or a link to it available to you?

matze_de
Casual Listener

I'm pretty sure it hasn't to do something with the kind of device. In my family (Spotify family) it is just my main account that is affected to the issue (Pixel 3 XL). My wife has the same device, no problem. Nor any of my children (other Android devices)...

phpman
Music Fan

I have still the problem on my Xiaomi Mi 9 with MIUI 12.0.1 and Spotify version 8.5.76.962

Brausepaul77

@KaterinaDid you notice my previous message?

Katerina
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we were looking into this!

Keep in mind that this can happen when loading pages containing a lot of content, for example multiple chapters in audiobooks.

However, we've passed your reports to the right teams who will be continuing to improve the functionality of the app. To make sure you don't miss the latest fixes and improvements, we'd recommend keeping your devices and app up to speed with the latest updates available.

In the meanwhile, we'll be setting this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now. We'll also keep you posted here if we have any further info to share.

Thanks again!

tschugu
Your support is bad and you should feel bad - zoidberg
EllieElch

@Katerina 

Are you freaking serious?!? A problem that makes the app unusable for paying customers is a "not right now" problem!?!

I have been running around with a second phone since May, because I cannot use the app on my Android phone. I have been using the app less and less, because it is such a hassle.

I cannot even access my settings on the android app, because IT WON'T LOAD, and you are telling me that it is because of too much content?!?

Honestly, as others have already done, I am contemplating to cancel my subscription.

And please tell me to where I can escalate this problem, because neither you on the forum nor the twitter team is of any help. Have a look at the German Google play store. There's negative review over negative review about the same problem. But it's not important enough, right?

Brausepaul77

I absolutely support @EllieElch here. The problem we experience is unlikely to be caused by "too much content". You would know if you would actually give me a way to make the video I recorded available to you. The problem manifests not only in content not being shown, it makes the app's settings screen unavailable as well.

tullnerfelder
Visitor

Sorry, but it's simple: Spotify isn't interested in investing time to solve a problem that seems to be complicated. And that strikes only a minority of their users. It's a simple calculation. Not somethin emotional. For that reason I stopped my paid account and changed to Deezer about three months ago. Just that simple.

Related Issues