Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S9

Operating System

Android 10

For aboiut 6-8 weeks, I have been getting only a black loading screen in the app, when I select an album, playlist, etc. form a conducted search. I have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps (deleting cache, clearing data, reinstalling app, WiFi vs. cellular, etc.). Clearing data/ reinstalling app work, although only for about one day when clearing data/ reinstalling app have to be repeated.

I have attached a screen to explain what I mean by black loading screen.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we were looking into this!

Keep in mind that this can happen when loading pages containing a lot of content, for example multiple chapters in audiobooks.

However, we've passed your reports to the right teams who will be continuing to improve the functionality of the app. To make sure you don't miss the latest fixes and improvements, we'd recommend keeping your devices and app up to speed with the latest updates available.

In the meanwhile, we'll be setting this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now. We'll also keep you posted here if we have any further info to share.

Thanks again!

Comments
tschugu

Any update on this? Does it make sense to renew my subscription and become premium again or does the issue still exist?

stuffandpuschel
Visitor
The albums are loading now, this problem is in my opinion solved. For me
works it again. I have already hold my premium account.
Rokkford
Regular

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

Oneplus One

Operating System

Android 11

For me the problem is stronger than ever.

I use Spotify on two identical smartphones. The first I use myself mainly for  music, the other one my kids use with their account for audiobooks.

The music device runs smoothly, the audiobook device is a slow and buggy desaster. (Identical phone and system!)

How can this be? And how can there be no working idea from Spotify so far? If you read the comments on play store, lots and lots of users have this issue.

This all started for me about 3 months ago, when you blew up the app with far too much content.

Related Issues