Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Albums won't load

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S9

Operating System

Android 10

For aboiut 6-8 weeks, I have been getting only a black loading screen in the app, when I select an album, playlist, etc. form a conducted search. I have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps (deleting cache, clearing data, reinstalling app, WiFi vs. cellular, etc.). Clearing data/ reinstalling app work, although only for about one day when clearing data/ reinstalling app have to be repeated.

I have attached a screen to explain what I mean by black loading screen.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we were looking into this!

Keep in mind that this can happen when loading pages containing a lot of content, for example multiple chapters in audiobooks.

However, we've passed your reports to the right teams who will be continuing to improve the functionality of the app. To make sure you don't miss the latest fixes and improvements, we'd recommend keeping your devices and app up to speed with the latest updates available.

In the meanwhile, we'll be setting this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now. We'll also keep you posted here if we have any further info to share.

Thanks again!

Comments
Sanchi89

@matze_de  I was just about to write the same thing. It works, but only for a while... It sucks that Spotify doesn't at least give an update... Right now it just seems as if they don't really care, probably because only a few people are affected... It sucks, because Spotify just has the best catalogue imo...

MSteuerHL

I experience the very same Problem on both my Android devices:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Albums and Playlists are not loaded.

This is very frustrating.

tullnerfelder

I can warmly recommend Deezer. It seems that they have the same music catalogue and: A bunch of people here have the problems especially with audio books. They have a special audiobook section where you can easily search an find books. Great thing. Sorry Spotify, three years were enough when you don't react on problems of your customers.

matze_de

@tullnerfelder - I'm with you but Spotify offers a much better connectivity (I can't can't even stream to my Echo devices via Deezer as far as I know) and playlists for my 2 daughters that are obviously available exclusively on Spotify....

eb_blackwoods

I have similar to this but (so far) when in offline mode my downloaded music has the "Something Went Wrong" message if I do not have phone or WiFi signal. This makes the app unusable unless I have signal. So what is the point of offline mode now?

Also, the sort order of my albums is now skewed (e.g. my Now albums are no longer in numerical order).

This all started after an update a few weeks ago. I just installed the latest update but it has the same issue. Are we any closer to a fix?

albina1

I have the same problem with Samsung A5 (Android 8.0.0), as well as with Samsung S9. Is there any solution yet?

hobbestherat

It used to be possible to clear cache and delete data (every time again) as a work around. With today's update even this ugly workaround stopped working for me, too and the perceived value of the app reached 0. 

vvg

I can confirm the following issues that make the app (version 8.5.66.110) currently unbearable to use on Android:

- VERY slow loading of large albums (as an example, try searching and opening the German audiobook "Unorthodox (Ungekürzte Lesung)")

- VERY slow skipping of songs when playing tracks of these albums

Many 1-star reviews of the app in the German Play Store confirm these or similar issues.

Device: OnePlus 5T 128 GB (Android 10)

App: Spotify Premium, version 8.5.66.110

Deleted cache & made a clean install, good WIFI/cellular connection available, nothing helps

An older version of the app (8.5.24.762) does not have these issues.

tschugu

I experience the same issues described above. Loading audiobook most of the times does not work at all. Depending on time of day even the search does not work. When can we expect an update from you guys? When I check the German playstore i find half of the reviews to be one star. I guess Spotify targets to built a five star app? Only thing that's holding me here is hope that it is solved in the next weeks. Maybe we can at least get an update to see that at least someone is working on this??

stuffandpuschel
No, just loading albums into playlist is working, so i can hear my
albums....

not perfect, but working