Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong artwork cover on car's Bluetooth.

Wrong artwork cover on car's Bluetooth.

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

Nothing Phone 1 

Operating System

Android 13

Car

Hyundai Tucson (2021)

My Question or Issue

Mobile connected via Bluetooth (not android auto with cable, only Bluetooth).

Music plays from Spotify. The title and the artwork cover in the first track play well. In the next one, the title changes but the artwork cover remains the same as the previous one. On the 3rd track, you see title name change normally of the 3rd track but artwork cover of the 2nd. You move on to the next one and so on.

With another player everything works fine.

But since I'm very comfortable with Spotify, I'm struggling to make it work properly. I found some tips for changing the Bluetooth avrcp and battery optimization, but it's useless. The only thing I managed to do is not to show the artwork cover to any player by changing the Bluetooth avrcp but with the song titles changing correctly. In order to show the artwork cover it needs to have Bluetooth profile avrcp 1.6.

The infotainment of the car should not be to blame. It's most likely a Spotify bug after some update that I didn't hear about. It definitely has something to do with the Bluetooth avrcp profiles and how Spotify transfers the metadata to the car's infotainment.

In other players of my mobile the artwork cover changes normally. Like something sticks and stays in the artwork of the previous song while the next one is playing. It transfers the metadata, but laterally.

Is there any solution because it is very frustrating? I am very comfortable with Spotify and would not like to remove it.

Thanks in advance

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

Thank you for all the detailed reports!
This is now being looked into. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have new updates to share 🙂
Cheers!

48 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Google Pixel 6

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Hello,
I have paired my Android device (Google Pixel 6) with my car radio device (MBUX).
There's no issue with play, pause, stop tracks.

However, the track info (title, artist, time) and other metadata is not displayed in 99% of all use cases. Sometimes, means in 1% of the use cases, there's no issue at all.

And another interesting finding is that when Spotify is playing advertising during a podcast, there's no issue with track metadata.

I can reproduce this with any device (Google Pixel 6a, Google Pixel 3a, OnePlus 5T) and any OS (AOSP, LineageOS) always using latest Spotify app version (for Android).

If requested I can photos that document the issue.

Based on these facts I conclude that this issue is related to Spotify app.
Please advise how to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards
Thomas

PXL_20230425_134931568.jpg
PXL_20230303_070841552.jpg

Attached a screenshot documenting the error.

IMG_20211119_182135.jpg

Hey @cmonty,

Thanks for reaching out.

As we haven't had any recent reports about this issue and since you mention that this is happening with multiple mobile devices, it's best to contact your car stereo manufacturer fur further troubleshooting steps.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I totally disagree with your conclusion.

If this issue is caused by the connected device MBUX, why is track metadata displayed correctly if Spotify is playing any advertisement?

Based on this fact I conclude that Spotify app provides metadata information based on content that is played.

Anyway, I'm curious how you explain this finding.

Regards

Thomas

Hi there @seekingfor81,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll happily pass your feedback onto the appropriate team. Be advised however that we cannot say for certain at the moment when or if this is going to get fixed.

Cheers!

JoanModerator

Google Pixel 7, running Android 13

I have already tried changing the bluetooth mode and restarting several times. I have also tried clearing cache. I had the same issue on my previous phone as well, I thought maybe my device was older, but it doesnt seem to be the case.

Hi all, 

FYI : i have exactly the same trouble in my car since few months. First song works but after, i have the artwork of the previous song. 

Device : 
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Car : 
Mercedes Class A (2020)

Operating System

Android 13

Hey there,

I also have the exact same problem. Other players work well on my cars bluetooth.

Device:

Oppo Find X5 Pro

Operating System:

ColorOS 13.1 | Android 13

Car:

2023 CUPRA Leon ST VZ 

Cheers! 🙂

Same issue observed in Hyundai Exter HU

Mobile Android 13

I am experiencing the same issue with the only deviation being occasionally the artwork of the first song also does not display, but as the OP mentioned, the subsequent songs are offset by one.  This issue appears to be limited to AndroidOS, for I did not experience this issue with my iPhone; the other users who are experiencing this also appear to be running on AndroidOS.  Furthermore, it has been half a year since this has been reported, and there is still no resolution in sight.  Can we get this prioritized please?  It is incredibly inconvenient, and it makes me want to switch to another music provider.

Phone: OnePlus Open

Car: 2021 Model Y Long Range

@Joan Can we get an update on this bug?  It's been half a year since originally reported.  It's also very clear that many users are impacted. 

Same issue. I changed to Tidal. This does not have this problem. As Spotify does not care about users maybe follow my suggestion... 

I am going to wait till 12/31 for a reply from Spotify on this thread.  If there is no reply, I am going to switch providers. 

Hello,

Same problem 

Phone : OnePlus Nord CE 5G

Car : Skoda Scala 2021

Hey folks!

Thank you for all the detailed reports!
This is now being looked into. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have new updates to share 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Hi folks,

We're in the process of investigating this and to continue, can you please confirm what Spotify app versions you are using?

Thanks in advance!

JoanModerator

Hi,

Spotify Android version 8.9.4.304. Android 14. OnePlus 10 Pro. Mercedes MBUX media player. With AVRCP version set to 1.6 I get cover art but it is offset by one song. No cover art with AVRCP version 1.5. 

The same thing with previous car Hyundai i20 and Android 13. 

Hi,

Spotify Android 8.9.4.304. Android 13, Oneplus Nord CE 5G.

Thank you

Spotify Android 8.9.4.304. Android 13, OnePlus Open

Suggested posts