Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
Viennatom

What if I download an older Spotify apk from e. g. apkpure.com, (e. g. V8.5.17.676 or the like) delete the current version and install the prior one? Would that help?

Since Spotify has worked before on my F1: How can Umidigi be seen as the culprit, if updating the Spotify app has spoiled it's functionality?

BigDiesel1

What your saying is very true, try installing an older version of Spotify and let us know if it works. If so I'll just use an older version.

Viennatom

1. I cannot see how after 2 weeks only 6 users are affected out of how many hundred thousands of F1 sold?

2. Could not find out how to enable third party APK installations on my F1, so I wasn't able to try an older Spotify version. Anybody has an idea?

3. Today I got a new spotify update, installed it, and ..... it did not fix the issue ;(

We should really raise this to customer support. Long term, I am not going to pay for broken Spotify app.

Ju1iana

I have the same issue, but my device it's diffrent.

I have a Redmi 6A, with Android 9 + MIUI 10.

Spotify version 8.5.22.734

If I click on 3 dots, the app freezes.

Teraklia

I installed a previous version of Spotify, I actually hadn't updated in first place when I heard they took away the widget and after the freeze problem I updated and then downgraded again.. Nothing changed at all

Viennatom

So installing a previous version doesn t help?

Previous version of the Umidigi OS, yes,

of Spotify, no.. thats why I said it's a problem from umidigi Software

Viennatom
  • In addition to the spotify issue, I have exactly the problem described here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/wireless-update-issue-stuck-rebooting-t3965863/...

The latest update cannot install.  Am I the only one here here with that "bonus issue"? So how can I downdate Umidigi system to have a working spotify? 

Mikel9

The same phone and the same problem...

gooselee1

I just started getting this issue with an app update a couple weeks ago (August 2019). Combined with the car integrations that have been broken for the past 10 months, this app/service is hot garbage.