Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
Chesterqw

What kas said.

Some people just don't understand that Spotify needs to do the fixing.

karmakomik

Exactly kasaanda, the solution must be from Spotify as it is a bug from the way they made the UI or some library they use. And thanks for the tip on Spotify Lite, will try it out.

Swright37

I'm having the same issue on my Android. I can't modify my playlists at all... And it adds it's own songs to my playlists but won't let me delete them without crashing. It's getting to the point I don't want Spotify premium anymore... Why pay for what I can't use.

karmakomik
As mentioned earlier, Spotify Lite works just fine. Try that until the main
app is fixed.
Trevr10

I have the same issue with the same phone

pSa10

I am anxiously awaiting a fix for this same problem. On a Xiaomi Redmi 6 phone.

micheldamien

Fellows, there are plenty of applications working fine with MIUI 10.4.4. My solution was moving to T****. They have three dot button too 😄 and it's working correctly. So far no regrets. Good luck and goodbye, Spotify.

Jaspercelens

Exact same phone and problem... A **bleep**ing year later, what an active support center (maybe rude but jezus it's getting really annoying, already been having the problem for a year)

Zambiblasian1

This issue continues to rack up votes all the while Spotify say absolutely nothing with regards to progress. This is unbelievably pathetic on Spotify's part.

ntnkakaroto

Plan

Premium

Country

Brasil

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 6

Operating System

Android 9

Having the same problem at this moment on my device Xiaomi. Spotify is updated version: 8.5.33.831 and uninstall and install doesn't solve the problem.