Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
JPCarvalho404
Hey @ntnkakaroto!
For some reason the MIUI 11 (who solves that problem) still not arrived in
Brazil in the Redmi 6 series 😕
micheldamien

Neither in Poland and certainly many other countries. But who cares in Spotify?

Zambiblasian1

Unfortunately the MIUI 11 update probably won't fix it for you if your phone is the Redmi 6.

I have a Redmi 6 with MIUI 11, and the three dot problem still exists. This "fix" only works for Redmi 8 Pro.

Madwizard
Yep, miui 11 wont fix the issue for redmi6 users, im currently using
Spotify Lite and works.
lucyandoom

My phone is a Redmi 6A and I live in Brazil as well, with no automatic update to MIUI 11 so far. However, to test if it could solve the problem, I force updated to 11 and still not working. 

ruben41chavez

So I want to begin saying that I'm pretty upset with the support this time beacuse this problem has been posted here for several months and it hasn't been solved, we are tired of this, I hope this time support pay us attention 

So I'm a xiaomi user with a redmi 6 device, since I've updated to Android 9/pie and miui 10.4 I've had this problem, I know it's present in other devices and people say that this problem isn't solved with miui 11 update (on REDMI 6, it's solved on other devices with miui 11 but not every device). So it's a Spotify app problem and support has to repair this. 

ALSO, it's not happening only on xiaomi devices.

If this problem doesn't get solved as soon as possible many people will be forced to cancel premium membership beacuse we are paying for something that isn't working properly.

SUPPORT DON'T IGNORE US THIS TIME AND REPAIR THIS.

ATTACHMENTS AND VIDEO:

spotify community post that keeps getting ignored and has no updates or recent response from spotify's team: 

LINK:

community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-App-freezes-crashes-when-clicking-on-three-dot-menu-in/idi-p/4811695

SCREENSHOT

Screenshot_2019-12-05-01-27-03-242_com.android.chrome.jpg

 (yeah it haves a response from spotify's team but they're not working in it and it isn't solved).

xiaomi community post:

LINK: https://c.mi.com/thread-2524930-1-0.html

SCREENSHOT: 

Screenshot_2019-12-05-01-23-37-917_com.android.chrome.jpg

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE ISSUE: https://youtu.be/f_ga9h57H4o

SOLVE THIS, WE ARE TIRED

Plan

Premium

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 6

Operating System

Android 9 with MIUI 10.4

ruben41chavez

hey guys like this new post with more info so Spotify support notice us 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/SPOTIFY-CRASHES-FREEZES-WHEN-I-TOUCH-THE-THREE-DOT-MENU-RED...

Dario8899

Happens on Ulefone Armor 6E top. Really annoying. Seems like the support Is made by bot.

Tarmatt
+1 for the Ulefone armor 6E
+1 for being annoyed
+1 about the bots
fippi

+1 for the Umidigi F1
+1 for being annoyed