Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
Earthless

It's solved on my xiaomi red mi note 8 pro with the latest MIUI update. 

Chesterqw

What is the spotify version?

trkhsa

Dead_eye_dodo

It works on my Wiko View 3 now , the new android update enabled a new spotify update and now the 3 dots are back. 

Warzioch

Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro

Same thing

polewej

Dear All,

This issue will disappear as soon as you update your system to MIUI 11.

Take care, folks!

Mel999
You're the best! I don't care about liability issues due to old versions. It works, it's light and fast, and it's even in my own country language which I didn't knew existed ahah
Thank you very mucho!
karmakomik

Exact same issue here. 

Phone - Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Spotify ver 8.5.32.889 

Plan - Premium

Country - India

OS - Android Pie 9 (MIUI 10.4.4.0)

Zul72
Hi There,

Please wait for the MIUI update to version 11. It will be fixed the issue.

Kasaanda

MIUI 11 will only fix the issue for Xiaomi users. It will not fix it for users of other devices. So do not "dear all." This is not a Xiaomi only issue.

It affects users of multiple brands, from flagship brands like Samsung to non-flagship brands like Umidigi. 

The issue is a UI issue, that much is very obvious. Something with how the UI is rendered is causing the crashes across the board. 

The menus work with older Spotify versions that sport older UIs, which is what I am currently using. And, it works with Spotify Lite as well.

Meaning, the problem is an app problem specifically and should not be addressed by phone makers. This needs to be fixed by Spotify, and their lack of a solution to this problem is beyond irritating.