Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Honor 8

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

My app keeps crashing whenever I start playing a podcast. Music works fine.

Have re installed the app multiple times and cleared cache but nothing fixes it.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we were looking into this.

This should be fixed!

If you're having troubles, we'd recommend starting a new thread in the related Help board, making sure to include all relevant info and troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be happy to take a closer look into things there!

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
username____
  • Huawei P20 lite, Android 9
  • Yes (at least all the ones I tried)
  • clean reinstall
rishigw

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Honor 10

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

My app keeps crashing whenever I start playing a podcast. Music works fine. I Have re installed the app multiple times and cleared cache but nothing fixes it. 

It seems that nearly every podcast is affected by this problem, no matter the length. 

Tinribs2

I'm having the same problem. Podcasts won't play, music will though. Tried reinstalling, restarting, deleting cache. All the tricks they ask you to do and the problem is persisting. 

hannahburrows88

I don't have a solution but just came to try and troubleshoot the exact same problem. Started yesterday evening (GMT) and still a problem this morning. I also can't see a way to report the issue to Spotify directly, that was going to be my next plan. Would be grateful if any else can shed any light. 

Gaz71

Still having the same problem.

Just seems to have come out of the blue.

Kayleigholsen

I am having the same issues, I have been in contact with Spotify cares and we tried everything they said they are investigating, I have a huwai p20 and android 9 

Nadine3

Plan

Premium

Country

England

Device

Huawei P30

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1. My music plays fine but as soon as I try to play a podcast, downloaded or not, my app automatically closes. I've tried logging out and back in as well as reinstalling the app but neither have worked. 
Camille_H

Same issue here in the UK, I'm able to listen to music but as soon as I open any podcasts the app crashes immediately.

It's a family premium account and I'm listening on an android, Huawei phone.

The issue started yesterday (23/04)

I've tried clearing cache, off and on and reinstalling the app but nothing's worked so far!

lydiagpe

Plan Premium

Country Spain

Device Huawei P10

Operating System Android Pie

I've been having trouble playing podcasts for a few days now. With playlists and songs there is no problem. I try to play a podcast and after 2/3 seconds the application closes. I've already tried reinstalling it, clearing cache, etc.
The version of Spotify is the last one that appears in the Play Store: 8.5.54.869

Thanks!

_bqj-c5nzi16

Same problem here