Android Auto Issues

Device:

Nexus 6P

Operating System Version:

Android 6.0

Spotify Version:

Description:

No Music comes through but it says its playing.

To reproduce:

1. Plug into radio and it will auto-launch Androind Auto
  2. Select Spotify under MUSIC
  3.  If you have a song queued, then you can touch the play button on the scree.
  4. I will look like its playing but no sound will come through the speakers in my car.
  5. fdfdf 

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Google Play Music works fine.

Hey!

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime.

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

Spotify
Spotify

Hey @jonbellew,

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Spotify. 

Can you give a reinstall a try following the steps here? Also, make sure you have the latest firmware update on your Android Auto.

Let us know if it helps. 

Casual Listener
Having this same issue with my lg v10. Tried reinstalling the app and even a factory reset, but it hasn't helped.

I am having the same issue. 

Device:

Nexus 6P

Operating System Version:

Android 6.0

Spotify Version:

Description:

No Music comes through but it says its playing. To add Spotify does not honor alerts or incoming calls. The app will continue to play music over alerts.

To reproduce:

1. Plug into radio and it will auto-launch Androind Auto
  2. Select Spotify under MUSIC
  3.  If you have a song queued, then you can touch the play button on the scree.
  4. I will look like its playing but no sound will come through the speakers in my car.
  5. To get sound I have to switch playlists or select a different song and about 50% of the time this allows music to start being heard.
Casual Listener

Hi,

same issue for

Xperia Z3 Compact (Android 5.1.1.)

Spotify: 4.1.0.8.6.8

Cheers,

michael

user-removed
Not applicable
I'm having problems with voice search through android auto. Every time I try to vocally command Spotify to play a Playlist, Spotify will stop working and say that "Spotify isn't working right now".
Casual Listener

The latest version seems to have fixed these issues for me, android auto is playing appropriately and no longer interfering with voice search or alerts.

Spotify Legend

Sounds good, thanks for your feedback!

Ditto on not getting Spotify to work via voice search. Used to work before. Not after some spotify update.

Spotify Legend

@bamwichFor the voice search issue, what Spotify version and what Android Auto (the app) version are you using?