Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Car

My Question or Issue

There is an issue I have seen on the forums where albums/playlists/songs are ordered alphabetically. However I am seeing an issue where podcasts are showing in reverse order. Meaning the most recent Podcast episode is all the way at the bottom. Not ideal when a podcast has over 100 episodes...

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure you're using the latest version of the app :)

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
sillyloudnoises
Visitor

I added a couple of Podcasts ("Fantasy Footballers" for instance, if you want to test it) in my Spotify account but if I'm in my car and I navigate to my Podcasts and click "Fantasy Footballers" it is organizing the list of Podcasts by oldest first rather than the latestet episodes. It seemed impossible to find the latest episode. I scrolled all the way through the list but it stopped. It was listing episodes from 2014 and I scrolled to about 2015's episodes. You'd either need to try using the voice recognition on your car and speak the exact epsisode name? Maybe? I couldn't figure it out. I gave up. I didn't want to get into a car accident. It was drawing too much attention to the screen. Not intuitive at all.

What a shame too because I just stopped paying for SiriusXM and was going to get a Spotify subscription but this is a deal breaker. There's no way for me to listen to the latest episodes on Android Auto.

1ebxjye8bu13l3j
Visitor

I've had this issue for approximately 2 weeks since I was offered an update on Android Auto in the vehicle.  Podcasts are now unuseable for the reasons detailed above.  The workaround is to add the required podcasts to a new playlist, but that is very clunky.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Could you make sure to provide us with the following info so that we can pass it on to the right folks:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • Android Auto version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

1ebxjye8bu13l3j
Visitor

OnePlus 7 Pro / Oxygen OS 9.5.11 (Android 9)

Spotify 8.5.23.686

Android Auto 4.6.593334-release

Please rectify ASAP.  Considering cancelling my Spotify subscription for this reason.

luk219
Visitor

Please change. Current behaviour is extremly annoying. Newest Episode needs to be on top or possibilty to sort timely based has to be added.

Android 10, Android Auto Version 4.6.593334-release, Spotify Version 8.5.24.762

Yep, same here.  This is awfully annoying.

OnePlus 6T, OxygenOS 9.0.13 (Android 9)

Spotify version 8.5.24.762

Android Auto Version 4.6.593334-release

gabormarinov
Visitor

Hi,

Please change the default sort order to show most recent podcasts at the top. Now the oldest is on the top, it's practically useless.

OnePlus 6T, OxygenOS 9.0.13 (Android 9)

Android Auto Version 4.6.593334-release

jdmisoulis
Visitor

Having the same issue here.

Pixel 3XL

Android version 10 build QP1A.190711.020.C3

Android Auto Version 4.6.593334-release

Country U.S.A.

texhalupka
Visitor

When I first used the new Spotify app for Android Auto, I had no problem with podcasts. But within the last few weeks, it automatically lists podcasts by the earliest date, no matter how I sort them on my phone.  Even if I wanted to scroll through scores of older podcasts to get to the latest, I can't because, understandably, there's a limited number of podcast episodes listed. Strangely, when I go to Your Library-Podcasts on Android Auto, it'll list the most recent episodes. But when I click on one of these it takes me to the earliest one; it could be months or even years old.  

Another common occurence (don't know if it's related) is when I click on Podcasts/Your Library, the wheel will spin for a few minutes then tell me nothing's available. I have to go back and click again, then a list will appear.

Now, the only way I can listen to a new podcast on Android Auto is to start it from my phone, then plug in my phone and use the Android Auto app. Of course, once that podcast is over, I'm stuck, can't go to another new episode without disconnecting and going through my phone again. In essence, podcast listening through Spotify is impossible.

I've gone back to Pocket Cast to listen to podcasts.

Hey @texhalupka, @BKingsmill92, @jdmisoulis, @gabormarinov, @12156747216 and the rest.

The new version of Spotify should be rolled out. Could you try to reinstall the app using these instructions?

Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!