[Android Auto] Songs in downloaded album are ordered alphabetically

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung J7

My Question or Issue

Since last week I have a very frustrating problem with Spotify. When I download a full album from an artist and I want to play that album with Android Auto, the songs are in alphabetical order. I want to have the tracklist in the official order. 

I updatet the Spotify app and Android Auto app, but the problem is still there. I know I can go to the album by clicking "last played", but that's not the way it used to be. I want that the tracklist is correct when I start the album. Other people also have this problem? What can I do? Very frustrating because I have a premium account, but it doesn't feel premium 😞 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
M0ni

Hello, I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. Reinstall of both Spotify and Android Auto as proposed in this thread did not fix the problem.

• Moto G5s Plus, Android 8.1.0
  • Spotify version 8.5.18.932
  • Android Auto version 4.5.592853-release
SeppeD

@Guido is there any update on this issue? Every release I hope to finally play an album when I select an album via android auto, unfortunately it's still playing an alphabetic playlist... By now the cause of this issue should have been identified. Can you please confirm and inform us if we should still expect a resolution or not.

Many thanks

nhawk

This also happens to me, which is a problem especially with classical albums that require a specific order as they are large pieces broken off into smaller tracks. Example of an album that is messed up on Android auto: https://open.spotify.com/album/2ecywJZyq9FeZWhKUT0kIq?si=kJk0BK_xSm6q2ZtZ9cOB0g

Szarkee
Before, weeks and weeks ago:
"Hey Google, play my music"
It would start playing "My Liked Songs" or what was previously called your
"Songs" playlist in the order of songs added first, which makes sense. I
want to listen to songs I just added.

Then they break it, at the same time they broke albums playing in an
idiotic way:
Then it started playing the songs in alphabetical order!!! I have a song
called "2020" so it would play this song every single time. Absurd.

Today I try it:
What does it do? Spotify changed it again!!!! Now it plays in shuffle!!!!

Spotify!? What are you doing!?!?!
drummercrm

@Guido @Katerina 

Are there any news regarding this topic?

nhawk

It's still broken, but a work around is to start playing your album from your library/saved albums, but then go to "Recently Played" and replay the album from there. This problem only happens from your saved albums, but not if you access an album using "Recently Played"...

Dracostar

Same Issue here, only its on my own playlist. On all other platforms its showing up correctly, but in android auto its defaulting toi alphabetical and not hat I specified.

mikejk

A potential workaround for this until it's fixed is to create a new playlist and add the songs in order to that playlist. It should play properly that way.

Exfirexs

Same issue here, when i sort a playlist by artist the songs sorts correctly by alphabetic and album, but then when i close the app and open it again the songs appears automatically sorted alphabetically by artist but not by album, so when i play the list skipping to next (not random) song it jumps to another that does no follows as next visually on the list.

jimbo1985m

In the newest beta it is finally fixed for me. I hope now there's nothing new that got broken 😅.

Version Number 8.5.23.675

Off topic: yesterday the new design of Android Auto arrived for me. So now everything seems to be usable again.