Nexus 6P and 2016 Volkswagen GTI
Operating System Version:
Android 6.0.1 and Android Auto 1.5.100945
v18.104.22.1688 (Paid subscription)
During some song skips or when the next song starts, there is no sound despite the player saying that it is playing and the progress bar is moving.
- Plug phone into the car via USB to start Android Auto automatically.
- Play a Radio channel or play from a playlist
- You can either the let the songs play on its own or keep skipping songs. Eventually, you will reach a track where there is no sound, despite it showing that it is playing. This is random. Sometimes it could happen on the 2nd song; sometimes it could be the 10th song.
- From here on out, any song that you skip to or skip back to will have no sound despite it showing that it is playing.
- If left playing this way on its own, Android Auto will eventually disconnect or the infotainment system will restart. This will usually happen by the time the song ends.
1. Unplug the phone and then plug back in to restart Android Auto.
2. Previously, i was able to switch to a different app like Google play music, play a song, and then skip back to Spotify and it would bring back the sound. This worked about 1-2 months ago, but no longer works now.
This issue does not happen with any other music app that i've ised, including Google Play Music and Amazon Prime music which leads me to believe that it is the Spotify app. This happen not only for streamed songs, but it also happens with songs that are cached/available offline.
Thanks for all your reports here. Our developers are aware and investigating this issue. While we don't have an exact timeline as to when it might be fixed, please make sure you're rocking the latest version of Spotify and Android Auto.
We'll update this thread once we have more info from the team.
In the meantime, we're going to be marking this thread as Closed for now.