Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Alearias1

I installed an older version of spotify and it seemed to work again, but now Iam stuck on the "Spotify is in offline mode" again. 

Mhkw

Did you disable automatic app updates on your phone?

Alearias1

Yes, first time I forgot about it, so I reinstalled an even older version of spotify , turned off updates, and now it shows me the same error. 

Iam currently using version 8.4.79.620

MillTurnBR

I downloaded version 8.4.81.558 from APK Mirror and it works fine for me.

MillTurnBR

There's no unofficial version involved here. The previous version is an official Spotify release, just not the latest.

Software development is hard  sometimes in trying to make it better you break something along. There's no perfect software, even paid ones.

MillTurnBR

By the way yesterday I opened a ticket with Spotify support about this issue  which is under investigation.

fgendorf

Luck you, I opened a ticket about this problem and they blocked my account by mistake :-/.

I hope they fix this problem with offline mode and android auto

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hi folks,

Thanks for raising this with us on the Community!

As we pass on this information to the relevant team, could you provide us with the following:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Android Auto version?

Thanks! We'll keep you posted on this thread as soon as we have any updates.

fgendorf

Device: Xioami Redmi 4X
Android: 7.1.2
Spotify: 8.4.82.664
Android Auto: 3.8.584564-release

Neoprophet13

Device: Samsung Note 8

Android: 8.0.0

Spotify: 8.8.82.664

Android Auto: 3.6.58533-release