Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
bhinderdhundhat

Same issue.

Device: Samsung Note 9
Android: 8.1.0
Spotify: 8.4.82.664
Android Auto: 3.8.584564-release

Benny84

Seems most of the Android footprint is affected. Time to give some more QA attention to AA compatibility. As more and more people are using Spotify via AA (often in offline mode).

But if I only play music I saved on my device, Spotify will not use data as it plays locally. So no need to downgrade. 

bugpy

I live in an area with poor to no signal and drive on roads that barely have signal. I currently cannot use Android Auto with this update and has pretty much ruined the app for me

• Android Pixel 2 on Android version 9
  • Spotify version 8.4.82.664
  • Android Auto version 3.8.584564-release
thewhitesudani

Yes I'm facing the same issue after the last update. Please fix. 

Feelix93

Same here..

It's ridiculous that I can't play my downloaded playlists when I have no internet connection!

That's what offline playlists are there for!

Here in Germany you have nearly never a good network coverage on the motorway/freeway!

Please fix asap! When it doesn't work in my car I don't need it at all..

Device: OnePlus 6T
Android: 9.0 (OOS 9.0.7)
Spotify: 8.4.83.625

blackc
  • Device and OS version  S6
  • Spotify version    8.4.82.664
  • Android Auto version?    3.8.584564
mk1124

Same problem

Motorola G5+

Oreo 8.1.0

Spotify Ver.: 8.4.82.664

luis7cadena

Device: Xiaomi MI A1
Android: 8.1.0
Spotify: 8.4.83.625

Spy1

Same here.

LG G5 H850

Android 7.0

Spotify: 8.4.82.664

Android Auto: 3.8.584564

Scottadam

Having the same problem worked fine tilll I upgraded my phone a couple weeks back and Android and spotify

@Neoprophet13 wrote:

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

had a update.