Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Joerg1959

Same for me:

Xperia Z5 E5823

Android 7.1.1 Build 32.4.A.1.54

AA: 3.8.584564

Spotify: 8.4.83.625

Please improve your regression testing before relesing new versions to avoid such mess in the future. I just wanted to show the spotify option in AA to a friend. This is bad advertisement for a basically excellent service. 

Needless to say that it works outside AA through bluetooth perfectly.

Regards

Jörg

Sfrask

I am having the same issue...most recent versions of Android Auto and Spotify with a Galaxy Note8

sarbres

I am having the same problem and is rather annoying on 3-4 hour journeys!

Device: OnePlus 3T
Android: 8.0.0
Spotify: 8.4.82.664
Android Auto: 3.8.584564-release

DPGSpotify

Same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S9 running spotify 8.4.83.625. Latest Andriod Auto software installed - 3.8.584564-release.

Very annoying - please fix!

dichterDichterD

i have the same issue. after the last update which, brought some new options, i lost the ability to hear my offline music. When i activate the offline-mode spotify doesnt find anything but the regular app does. This is very annoying. Fix this!

Anic

Same problem here

Samsung galaxy s9 

Android 8.0

Spotify 8.4.83.625

aidenhobbs

Also to add onto the issue since the latest update on december 6th i have lost the ability in AA to see the downloaded playlists option and still have the offline and no signal issue. 

mtrin1984

Yup. Exact same issue. 

When plugging into the car and booting up Android Auto, Spotify hangs for several minutes before realizing it still has an internet connection. The phone still has both LTE AND WiFi connections and yet when Spotify boots up it just can't seem to figure it out. I used to be able to hop in the car, boot up Spotify via Android Auto while still parked, let it buffer a song or two and then I could drive to work through the local dead zones without issue.

Now I can't even play a downloaded playlist until that magical moment when Spotify notices a network connection. The offline capabilities of Spotify were the main reason I've been paying for the app. No offline in the car, no more subscription. If I have to live with no offline capability I'd rather deal with the ads on Pandora. At least the music discovery algorithm works a lot better.

Spotify, you have until my next subscription renewal to figure this out.

Huawei Nexus 6P

Android 8.1.0

Spotify 8.4.83.625

Android Auto 3.8.584564

MrsMSalt

Is there any updates on this issue? 

Android Samsung Galaxy S9+ 8.0.0 Oreo

version/build R16NW.G965USQS3BRJ6

Spotify version- 8.4.84.874

Android Auto version- 3.8.584564 - release

I had uninstalled and reinstalled all apps, cleared all data cache... nothing works. 

dichterDichterD

@mtrin1984 wrote:

Now I can't even play a downloaded playlist until that magical moment when Spotify notices a network connection. The offline capabilities of Spotify were the main reason I've been paying for the app. No offline in the car, no more subscription. If I have to live with no offline capability I'd rather deal with the ads on Pandora. At least the music discovery algorithm works a lot better.

Spotify, you have until my next subscription renewal to figure this out.

Thats so true. I payed for offline functionality but first, Spotify keeps searching for something and as long as this keeps on, im not able to listen to my offline music. The app shoult work OFFLINE FIRST and if there is internet you get more. I know, spotify wants me to use the online mode which i do most of the time but you know what spitify? there are still a lot of tunnels without free wifi...