Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
tmartel
Spotify version 8.4.88.150

Android Auto version 3.8.584564

Samsung SM-G950U

Android Version 8.0.0
tmartel
Reinstallation seems to have work. I had the correct version originally.
I'll let you know if the problem returns. Thank you.

Spotify 8.4.88.150

3.8.584563-release

Motorola G5Plus

Android 8.1.0

I uninstalled Spotify, cleared data and cache, then reinstalled. Still can't play downloaded music when there is no internet connection and Spotify is set to offline mode. I do notice that when it first comes up it seems to be able to play some music ... not even music that is donwloaded. I'm guessing its in the cache. But once it encounters a connection issue then it will only display the "offline message" and I can't even get to the downloaded playlist I have.

r1te666

Spotify 8.4.88.150

Samsung S8

Android 8.0.0

Re-Installed App... cache deleted etc., still won't work.

SBU001
You need to update Spotify app with update that was released a few weeks ago 

The current version of Spotify on the Google Play Store is 8.4.88.150.  Is there a newer version of the app we should be picking up somewhere else?

BWV1

Mine is working great with the last update from Google Play

Fredmoun

J'ai le même problème depuis aussi fin novembre. J'ai réinstallé plusieurs fois spotify sans avoir de changement.

Cela fait donc bientôt 2 mois que le problème existe, je pense que ce problème ne fait pas partie des priorités de spotify. Elle a largement les moyen et les ressources pour régler ce bug.

Je commence franchement à m impatienter.

Do

mage

Porkipine65

Update for me, it works now! 

Thanks Spotify team!!! 

Updated both Spotify and Android Auto this morning. Problem solved - with internet access on my phone disabled and Spotify set to Offline Mode I can play downloaded songs in playlists. When I go to playlists with no downloaded songs it tells me they're not available and I can navigate back to playlists with downloaded songs and play them.

Spotify 8.4.89.515

Android Auto 3.9.585063-release

Motorola G5Plus

Android 8.1.0

Thanks Spotify