Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @Fredmoun,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We hope you don't mind us replying in English. Just to confirm, could you make sure to try a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps here and let us know if the issue persists for you?

If it does, kindly include the version of the Spotify app you end up with. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. 

On another note, @r1te666, there's a newer version of the app available. Could you give it another try reinstalling the app and let us know how it goes? 

You can try the steps below for a clean reinstall: 

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  6. Switch your device back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

Keep in mind that after reinstalling you'll need to make available your offline content once more.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies 🙂

sl7023

Just to confirm that the latest version works for me. Thanks for fixing !

Sdigiant

I thought it was working for me, but like the others who have posted here, it did not last long. Using Version 8.489.515

This is so very frustrating particularly when paying for a premium service. Do better Spotify. 

*EDIT

It is working. However I think it would be really helpful for offline users if there were a filter or tab that showed downloaded playlists only. Right now there is no way to distinguish which playlists are downloaded as it shows every playlist you followed. This is annoying when you select a playlist that doesn't have any songs in it from another playlist and it shows the error message. I'd rather just not have that playlist visible so I don't tap into it in the first place.

There are no indicators on the playlists so you really have to guess which ones are downloaded.  

Peter

Hey folks,

Glad to hear that this is now fixed for most of you 🙂

@Sdigiant - an update for Android was released on 21 January (8.4.90). Would you mind trying to update your app to the latest version and letting us know if you're still experiencing this issue?

@user-removed - thanks for your feedback. An idea was created about this in the Community a while ago (here), however it is currently inactive. If you would like to see this implemented, make sure to create a new idea for it by going here and get others to vote for it.

Thanks 🙂

sl7023

@kylejohnxo - thanks for your feedback. An idea was created about this in the Community a while ago (here), however it is currently inactive. If you would like to see this implemented, make sure to create a new idea for it by going here and get others to vote for it.

I'd vote for that ! 

köhli87

Seems to work for me now, too. I didn't check what happens if choosing a not downloaded playlist. But now queue, playing and jumping to other albums, playlists and so on works as expected.

Anyway, providing the solution took too long. It was a function that did work in the past and problem was posted one month before christmas. I expected a faster solution.

Resolution of Spotify in Android Auto seems to be better now, too. Thanks for that.

I did also vote for the great idea, marking downloaded stuff.

thehalftruth

The problem is fixed for me. But I paid over 2 months for a feature that didn't work, so I wanted a compensation! I had a chat with the support for over a hour, just that they said to me that I cant get one. So I'm finished with spotify, I switch to deezer in the hope for better service. And I advice everyone to do the same, if they bite the hand that feeds them, they should the starve to death.

Joerg1959

Hi Spotify team,

its woking again now with the latest versions.

Thank you for the fix!!

Best Regards

Joerg

zrock2010

Ok guys get it togeather after a update about a month ago that seemed to solve most problems and ran perfectly on my android car audio it has now all went to **bleep** again after teh last update.  Now im daily having to download my play list again. Sometimes i click on the playlist and i just get the circle that its loading but never goes any farther...