Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Jemi

Hey @Sunaye and @Zefdollie,

Can you let us know the info we asked for in the status update? We'll make sure to let the right team know. 

All the best!

Sunaye

Oneplus 3  A3003 with Android 8.0.0 OxygenOs Version 5.0.8

Spotifyversion 8.5.0.735 

I connect my Smartphone to the Seat Leon InfortainmentSystem and aktivate Android Auto.

Android Auto starts. Then I touch to Spotify and most time if i navigate to a Offlineplaylist there is n error.

Here I postet a video with my error. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Offline-mode-with-Android-Auto/m-p/4673964

Jemi

Hey @Sunaye

Thanks for the info. We've passed it on to the right team 🙂

All the best!

abhi0502

Oneplus 3 A3003 with Android 7.1.1

OxygenOs Version 4.5.1

Spotifyversion 8.5.1.734

I was getting spotify doesn't seem to be working right now error on oreo. So i switched back to nougat to see this issue exist on nougat or not and it worked

I just have to switch off app auto launch option in settings and wola its was working again

For confirmation i again switched on app auto launch option and was again getting android media error

Blame google and your phone company for this issue not spotify 

Meadowcameron

hi, I’m having the same problem. It seems not to play my music when I’m offline even though I have premium and it’s really annoying to deal with. I don’t know why it started but it started last weekend on April 20 2019 the bar that shows the part of the song you are at doesn’t move. When you press play it stays at 0:00. No matter what but when I connect to WiFi all works again. I love the app but I really want to listen to my music. Can you please help

Jemi

Hey @Meadowcameron and @abhi0502,

Can you let us know the details requested from the Status update above (e.g. exact steps to reproduce, device info etc.)?

Thanks! 🙂

abhi0502

Thanks @Jemi  for hearing me out

Oneplus 3 A3003 with Android 7.1.1

OxygenOs Version 4.5.1

Spotifyversion 8.5.2.759

Well whats my options is system is blocking spotify to automatically launch after restart and so the problem starts. When i choose the option to let spotify automatically open after restart AA works perfectly with no error showing on screen. Also except Google Music all the music streaming apps shows same error.

Error is something like this"spotify doesn't seem to be working right now " Appears both on phone and car stream within 5-10 seconds after music starts playing. 

Meadowcameron

hi, i have the same assue as everyone else. I posted on another post, they asked for a video but it says i can't because the file is too large even if i trimmed it too 30 seconds. I am running a iphone 6 using IOS 12.2. My spotify version is 8.5.2 and im still having this problem, it has been happening since April 20 2019. i Re downloaded it many times, it works for a day then i have the same problem no matter what i do it still ends with the dsame result, i constantly have to re downlaod all my song and the app just to ahve it not work again.

Bullet0281

I'm having the same offline issue and honestly having it for a while to the point of when I want to use it I cant.. uninstall installing the app 3 times a week is annoying and that should not be a fix for a major problem should have been fixed a long time ago giving this another month and killing my sub as its rendered useless

Jemi

@abhi0502 thanks for providing us with the info. 

@Meadowcameron this thread is about Android Auto. Are you using this feature? If not, we'll try to help you out from another thread.  

@Bullet0281 can you let us know more exactly what's happening, along with the details requested above?

Thanks!