Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Jorrit_NL

Problem seems to be reintroduced in the last update. Same issue, not able to manage using Andoid Auto in case Spotify is in offline mode. Works ok when using my phone.

bcfoster

I'm having the same issue as well. Fully up to date Android Auto and Spotify. Cannot interact with Spotify at all while in offline mode. Spotify works great otherwise.

Truepropaganda

The problem is, when paying  customers are used as "de-buggers!!" I have to agree, I'l paying €10 for music sub. 

When you say I can download music, and play if offline, I take that as so. I expect it to work!

However, when I have to spend more time pulling tickets, and trying **bleep** working, than actually listening to music, then sir, that's when you job becomes that little be less secure! So instead of woe is me, poor developers etc.  Instead, DON**bleep** out that clearly does not work!! and then you won't have a problem!  I, and.all other customers simply don't care what your problems are. WE are paying, you are pedalling! Simple. And if you don't get**bleep** together, we all mov on to something that actually does what it says!

Jorrit_NL

Running into the same issue again. Can't play any downloaded albums while Spotify is offline using the Anroid Auto interface. Using my phone it works fine and the album is visible in Andoid Auto. But I don't think I should use my phone while driving.

mk0rp

I just signed up for Spotify Premium two weeks ago and am having the same issue with my Pixel XL (Android 10) running latest version of the Spotify app via Android Auto. When the app is set to Offline Mode, I cannot use Spotify in my car. If I toggle Offline Mode off and start playback of music from an album, then I am able to toggle Offline Mode on again and the rest of the album will play fine. To listen to different music, however, (or if I need to make a stop and turn the car off) I must go through the entire process again, which is dangerous and ill-advised while driving. I have confirmed that even if I have downloaded a given album, the Spotify app will continue to consume data to playback that album if Offline Mode is not turned on.

Listening to music I've downloaded from Spotify in my car without consuming data is one of my primary use cases for having a streaming service like Spotify at all. If the problem can't be fixed before my trial ends, I'll have to return to a service that does allow for playback of downloaded music without consuming data.

This is not fixed.Had my new car 3 days prior to the update on the 16th - if anything the problem is worse,in that prior I had some functionality.

Nowevery time I connect vis usb it states I am offline?

Please advise - help.

MikeR30

I am having this issue. I am running version 8.5.36.747 . Half of my ride to work I dont get get great coverage. I wish I could use my high quality downloaded music. This says it's fixed but I do not see the fix?

Samsung S8 running android 9

jmike09

I am also having this problem when in offline mode. I have to turn on 4G in order to select & play offline songs.  Please don't let your monopoly on the streaming music market cause you to neglect developing & maintaining quality mobile app software.  I am currently on the hunt for a possible replacement to Spotify.

AtilaZro8

No dispositivo Android fica off-line na rede móvel,  executa apenas no wi-fi.

tem pouca utilidade assim. estou cancelado a conta ate resolução.