Android Auto - Spotify doesn't play offline

Android Auto suddenly is unable to play music in offline mode. Started after last Spotify update. The only way to display tracks that have been downloaded is to use cellular data (which it wouldn't supposed to be needed). Reinstalled both android auto and Spotify and also cleared cache. Nothing worked. Can anyone help? 

Note 8 with Oreo. 

Screenshot_20181130-085247_Android Auto.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Jorrit_NL
Regular

Problem seems to be reintroduced in the last update. Same issue, not able to manage using Andoid Auto in case Spotify is in offline mode. Works ok when using my phone.

bcfoster
Visitor

I'm having the same issue as well. Fully up to date Android Auto and Spotify. Cannot interact with Spotify at all while in offline mode. Spotify works great otherwise.

Truepropaganda
Visitor

The problem is, when paying  customers are used as "de-buggers!!" I have to agree, I'l paying €10 for music sub. 

When you say I can download music, and play if offline, I take that as so. I expect it to work!

However, when I have to spend more time pulling tickets, and trying **bleep** working, than actually listening to music, then sir, that's when you job becomes that little be less secure! So instead of woe is me, poor developers etc.  Instead, DON**bleep** out that clearly does not work!! and then you won't have a problem!  I, and.all other customers simply don't care what your problems are. WE are paying, you are pedalling! Simple. And if you don't get**bleep** together, we all mov on to something that actually does what it says!