Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Auto] "Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now" error

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Longtime user never experienced any issue for years and years of enjoying great music and recommendations. I have Android Auto on the latest Seat Infotainment (2020) and been using Spotify with no issues since December. Suddenly last week I get the "Spotify doesn't seem to br working at thr moment" screen and I've tried every thing by now. Set battery to do not optimise. Reinstalled Spotify and Android Auto. Every other app, Maps, TuneIn and Pocket Casts work without any issues. Help! Can't listen to music anymore on my long commutes, or at least not for music I'm paying a subscription for! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Leeson

Hi @desjardini and @Mickverm yes the issue seems to be resolved for me too (with my OnePLus 6). I went out in the car twice over the weekend running version 8.6.36.1070 and not only did it work forst time with Android Auto (without having to turn off bluetooth first) but on the second trip I didn't bother connecting the usb and just streaned via bluetooth and the track names displayed and updated as they should, too!   Great news! Lets just hope later updates don't cause the same issue over again! Thanks for sorting this issue Spotify!

Fuxoft

I am happy to report than I have taken at least 5 trips and Spotify now seems to work OK for me! Nokia 7.2 + Honda Jazz Crosstar.

TizioIncognito

Solved also for me. Nokia 7 plus with Ford Fiesta.

It only took 5 months to fix the bug 🤔

ryegar

Yeah I think we're good. Thanks to the team for addressing the issue. 👍

shela

OnePlus 6T

OxygenOS 10.3.11

Spotify 8.6.40.929

Toyota Corolla Hybrid 2020

The problem is back

Rolling back to version 8.6.36.1070 solves the problem...

nickswift99

Same here.

Spotify 8.6.40.929 has broken Android Auto on the following:

Oneplus 6T

Mazda CX-5 2021

OxygenOS 10.3.11

ryegar

Insane, the issue is back. I should have known this would happen when no one from Spotify came in to brag about the fix.

digicore

I can confirm too that the issue is back. Guessing the new update has undone the fix 😞

adammiller77
I can also confirm I received the error again today after a week of no
issues.
michec

Oneplus 6T Android 10

Spotify ver. 8.6.40.929

The issue is back. It is so annoying.