Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Longtime user never experienced any issue for years and years of enjoying great music and recommendations. I have Android Auto on the latest Seat Infotainment (2020) and been using Spotify with no issues since December. Suddenly last week I get the "Spotify doesn't seem to br working at thr moment" screen and I've tried every thing by now. Set battery to do not optimise. Reinstalled Spotify and Android Auto. Every other app, Maps, TuneIn and Pocket Casts work without any issues. Help! Can't listen to music anymore on my long commutes, or at least not for music I'm paying a subscription for! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
nosciencehere

Same on my end, the issue is still not fixed. Had it happen today.

GN7

My Pixel 3 + Android 11 was working fine.

After I upgraded to Android 12 I began to get this message.

Tried all the fixes.  Eventually did a factory reset which unfortunately does not go back
to Android 11 but does clean everything else up (Spotify and AAuto)
Tried an Android 11 phone...it works fine.

Any suggestion other than going through the painful process of downgrading from 12 to 11?

Thanks!

k4rm3l0

Spotify 8.7.10.1245

Android 10 on OnePlus 6T 

The bug is NOT fixed at all.

I notice the issue shows up when Bluetooth is turned ON (not necessarily connected, just turned on).

If I connect my phone to Android Auto with Bluetooth turned OFF everything works fine.

So frustrating!

N1SSE

This is truly an issue way beyond the competence from Spotifys developers skills...

monopolcu

have same issue, any news from developers???? 

meltedbean1

This issue is definitely NOT fixed.  Spotify needs to figure this out or I will be leaving and getting another subscription service.

Sanzjr

Hello Community,

Apologies for bringing this back.

I have One Plus 7T Pro where Spotify is not usually found on the play store. So I managed to install it through "apk" and it works fine on the phone. The current version I have is 8.6.94.306. The problem is not showing in the Android Auto, only playing through Bluetooth. I have done battery optimisation, cleared the cache and reinstalled Spotify however,  still completely not showing in the Android Auto.

My plan is FREE, Android 11, Android Auto, which I believe to be current from Hyundai Hybrid 2017 Model, One Plus 7T Pro.

Thank you very much in advance.

Monkey_D_Luffy1

Hello,

You can try these methods to fix it.

• Force Stop your Spotify app.
  • Check your internet connection, if it working fine or not.
  • Clear the cache of Spotify.
  • Update your device's OS version.
  • Update the Spotify app and Android Auto app.
  • Set Spotify as the default service.

If the problem still exists, then try to use the older Spotify which is not updated to latest version.

DeloskyGA

This issue has just started happening to my phone.  I have a OnePlus 8T running Android 13 with all updates and apps completely updated (Android Auto and Spotify on my phone).  Spotify works fine on my device, but when I plug it into my Kenwood eXcelon DMX957XR, I have started getting the, "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment" on the head unit. I can however still access Spotify from my mobile device and play media.  It's just from the head unit that I get this error and cannot do anything.  If I disconnect my phone (I'm connected via USB to the back of the unit), and Force Stop Spotify and plug it back in, I can then access Spotify.  But sure enough, the next time I start up my unit and connect my phone, I get the error again.

I have the head unit and this phone working PERFECTLY FINE together for over a year now.  The only thing that has changed is that my device was recently updated from Android 12 to Android 13 and it was only after that update that i noticed this problem.

k4rm3l0

@DeloskyGA 

Try this workaround:

- Quit Spotify and disconnect Android Auto

- Switch OFF the bluetooth icon on your phone (this is important)

- Reconnect Android Auto

Let me know