Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Longtime user never experienced any issue for years and years of enjoying great music and recommendations. I have Android Auto on the latest Seat Infotainment (2020) and been using Spotify with no issues since December. Suddenly last week I get the "Spotify doesn't seem to br working at thr moment" screen and I've tried every thing by now. Set battery to do not optimise. Reinstalled Spotify and Android Auto. Every other app, Maps, TuneIn and Pocket Casts work without any issues. Help! Can't listen to music anymore on my long commutes, or at least not for music I'm paying a subscription for! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
nosciencehere

By the way I got a new pixel phone sometime in the last year and have not had a single issue since. Every new report of this issues comes from OnePlus users, it's clearly only a problem with their phones. Considering how my own issue and @DeloskyGA's started after a system update, it's most likely a problem with OnePlus's implementation of Android Auto due to how that integrates with the OS.

To anybody else who finds this thread, you would probably have better luck in their forums.

minyaen

Been using Spotify for years with various phones, and, for the past few years, with android auto integration. Never experienced this issue until this year when I got the Samsung Fold 5. Seems inconsistent when it happens, but I have done a clean install and the other troubleshooting steps. However, I can bypass the message on android auto when it does happen by opening spotify on my phone and making sure it connects. After that, it works on android auto. Minor inconvenience, but definitely one that shouldn't happen.

TT_TT

I have started use Spotify on Android Auto since August 2023. Till that date have no issue on phone, app working fine. Unfortunatelly on Android Auto after second connection by cable have a error "Spotify doesn't seem to be working". That is realy anoing, I need to restart phone or force stop Spotify by long press icon, next information and Force Stop. Other apps like YT Music, Replaio, TomTom, AutoMapa, Google Maps has no issue, only Spotify. I migrated all my playlist to YT Music and it works like a charm. Now thinking about resign from Spotify, all is working the same on YT music without that anoing issue. I opened a case at begining of October 2023 and till now no solution, only replay that this case is on high level escalation whatever that means. I think that help me look around on other music delivery services.

-_dzh92fnpza

The same problem. S22 . Some times it works, sometimes with these annoying error. I have to restart my phone everytime after getting error to fix it. It could work for an hour or for a week, but then happen again. Will it be fixed in some feature? By the posts I see that the problem exists from 2017

I don't understand why it in fixed status? How can we reopen the issue?

TT_TT