Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Longtime user never experienced any issue for years and years of enjoying great music and recommendations. I have Android Auto on the latest Seat Infotainment (2020) and been using Spotify with no issues since December. Suddenly last week I get the "Spotify doesn't seem to br working at thr moment" screen and I've tried every thing by now. Set battery to do not optimise. Reinstalled Spotify and Android Auto. Every other app, Maps, TuneIn and Pocket Casts work without any issues. Help! Can't listen to music anymore on my long commutes, or at least not for music I'm paying a subscription for! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Raf84

My premium account waa up for renewal, and there was no point in continuing to pay for it. It's been almost two weeks now of having to listen to music only through radio and Tidal's worked fine without a hitch using Android Auto. Your help didn't go unnoticed and I'm appreciative, but it's just been too long. I'll keep an eye on the thread. 

Novy

Hi @Raf84

We appreciate you taking the time to keep us posted on this and your patience while we're trying to investigate the issue. 

We've gone ahead and forwarded this to the right folks, who will look into it. 

We'll make sure to let you know in this thread when we have any updates about this.

Have a lovely day.

tushalb

Hi  @Raf84 and @Spotify - I'm having exactly the same issues on my car's Android Auto for the last month. I've tried the clean uninstall, restart, battery optimisation settings, bluetooth forget and everything suggested in this post and others. All other apps Hi-FiCast, YouTube music etc. work fine. 

I tried to run Spotify on my friend's brand new 2021 Toyota Rav4 purchased on  9 March 2021 ,  exactly the same error popped up on his screen. 

My phone was connected via original manufacturer cable on all occasions - so I would rule out hardware issue as it worked before the last couple of updates to Spotify.

My car, phone and app details:

Car: 2019 Mazda CX-8 (New Zealand)

Phone: OnePlus 7T Pro (Android 10)

Mazda MZD Connect ver. : 70.00.367 4AN

Previous version MZD Connect: 70.00.352 4AN (the same issue happened)

AA version: 6.1.610544

Spotify ver: 8.6.4.971

IMG_20210217_181227.jpg
Mihail

Hey @tushalb,

Thanks for jumping in the discussion.

We appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this and the extensive info you've gathered. We've added it to our report to the relevant team. We'll share any updates here, as soon as there are any. 

In the meantime, we're here for you should you have any questions. 

tushalb

Hi, just got an update to the Spotify app and it works with android auto now in my car. 🙂

BUT, navigating i.e. next / previous track changes very slowly. Almost 2 second delay in change to next track.

Spotify version: 8.6.8.1094

IMG_20210311_164959.jpg
Ver

Hey @tushalb,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We've passed the info on to the relevant team. We'll let you know when we have updates.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver

Hey @Raf84,

There is a new version of the app. Could you check if the issue persists? 

If there are no changes, we'll need the exact Spotify version.  We'll pass the info on to the right team.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Raf84
As I mentioned before, the issues still persists no latest updates here
still the version since February 25th and version number see above.
CarlosE

Hi again @Raf84,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand that the issue was still there even after the latest updates. However, there's currently a newer version of the app than the one you previously sent, which was rolled out this month, and we'd like you to update it so we can confirm if the issue is still there so we can report it to the teams in charge.

If you don't see any pending updates, could you double check the current version shown in the Play Store and the one showing in the app and let us know which one it is?

We'll be on the lookout.

CharliPirineo

Hi friends:

I'm having the same problem with Spotify and Android Auto.

Car: Suzuki Jimny 2020 (Spain)

Phone: Xiaomi MI A2 lite (Android One with Android 10)

AA version: 6.1.610544

Spotify ver: 8.6.8.1094

IMG_20210314_190713.jpg