Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Longtime user never experienced any issue for years and years of enjoying great music and recommendations. I have Android Auto on the latest Seat Infotainment (2020) and been using Spotify with no issues since December. Suddenly last week I get the "Spotify doesn't seem to br working at thr moment" screen and I've tried every thing by now. Set battery to do not optimise. Reinstalled Spotify and Android Auto. Every other app, Maps, TuneIn and Pocket Casts work without any issues. Help! Can't listen to music anymore on my long commutes, or at least not for music I'm paying a subscription for! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
shela

OnePlus 6T

OxygenOS 11.0.0

Spotify 8.6.52.911

Toyota Corolla Hybrid 2020

Problem solved after updating to Android 11

Peteb1

My OnePlus 6 also just upgraded to Android 11 and the issue seems to have gone (for now at least!)

FreshMintUK

I know how to fix this (for me at least) and it's nothing to do with battery optimization. It's Bluetooth related. I simply change on the car what my device is connected for and turn off Bluetooth media for my phone. I have a Nokia 7.2 plus running Android 10 and I've now confirmed this fix on a BMW X1, Hyundai Kona, and a Volvo XC-40. Same issue where you get the error that Spotify is not working. It appears that if the Bluetooth connection happens first, which it most often does, because the media wants to play through Bluetooth rather than android auto, the system gets confused with both connections. Please give it a go. It has worked for me.

Quick update. Following a software update I needed to turn off battery optimization for Spotify so doing both is probably best. However no problems since that change as well. 

WarQueenLola9

It's also happening on desktop. Windows

Ver

Hey folks, 

This should be now fixed.

Could you check if you're still experiencing this issue? 

Keep us posted.

FreshMintUK

Do I need to update the app as I still had this issue this morning though I know how to get around it now on my Hyundai.

adammiller77
I fixed it by buying a Google Pixel 5a! This and several other issues went
away overnight!
ReTechNL

Hello,

In my case the issue is fixed with the upgrade to the latest Android version OxygenOS 11.

My device: Oneplus 6

Android version: 11

OxygenOS version: OxygenOS 11

OTA version: OnePlus6Oxygen_22.J.60_GLO_0600_2108052235

Build number: 21080522223

Ver
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Brandon54

Nope, definitely not fixed. Still happening on OnePlus 6T, android 10.

I can't believe I fell for this! Once again I need to downgrade and redownload my whole library again.